Status of SRW conversions for Fuso's in the US?

Let's cut earthcruiser some slack. They have a solid reputation in their field, there may or may not be an issue with their rims, i'm sure they are clearly aware of the failure/s and are looking into it. SRW conversion is still a bit of a black art and they need room to perfect the craft. Critical feedback for any failed item is very important but there are multiple ways to present that information. I personally would like earthcruiser to continue perfecting the 16 inch rims as I do not want to go to 19.5, so let's encourage them to improve the product not to drop it entirely.
Please keep this forum positive
JMHO

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I have to say that the EC 16's I'm running have been working fine. I'm running internal balancing beads instead of external weights, tires on the rear are at max weight for their rating at all times, but it's an FX and I'm notorious for taking along the kitchen sink (too many tools). No issues with them so far, and I appreciate the lighter weight when swapping them out. I will say that the 19.5's are much heavier duty wheels, I'm pretty sure they're not 195# though. If they are I'm a helluva lot stronger than I thought I was. :)

skippythedog

Observer
Thanks Pugslyyy! Another judgemental (the very thing you decry) pot shot. I don't get coarse (or even brusque) unless I'm lied to...or about... I don't hold a grudge though, and I certainly don't have you on my "Ignore" list. In fact, I enjoy your style of writing and am looking forward to your upcoming thread on field repair...after a moose strike.

For those satisfied customers of EC, I'm grateful and happy. It means you're safe and have confidence in the product and hence, peace in your travels.

One thing I can say w/ near absolute certainty; EC people are following these threads and have responded....just not with any factual information that would convince a savvy consumer to buy their current offering. Their silence is deafening.

Caveat Emptor; some stuff is Non Gratum Anus Rodentum.

Last edited:
i don't want to get involved in this tempest in a teapot, but...
is anyone using SRW narrow 16" rims with 9.00R16, 255/100R16 or 11.00R16?

Charlie

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge

Charlie

Good question, I think the 11.00x16's will be way too tall - aren't they 39" or so? I used to run them on the WC's I had, but that was a long long time ago, and I can't recall now. I think the load ratings for them should be close to what's needed. Availability is another issue I guess. At least with the Toyo or BFG offerings they're easily found.

Amesz00

Adventurer

Charlie

I ran 11.00s in XL tread on my old canter. Tall, skinny and aggressive = awesome offroad, but not so great for hwy. Think I only got ~20,000km out of them. The XZLs would've been a much better bet, but last time I went to price them from Michelin Aus they told me $1400 ea! The 255s are good for lighter canters, but also expensive (not 1400 though) and hard to get. Don't think Michelin actually make a 9.00 anymore..?

williamsrkurt

Hey Folks,

I just bought a 1990 Mitsubishi FG 4x4 with the 6 lug pattern and I'm interested in a SWC. I noticed the last post was in 2017, I'm curious if anyone else has found other alternatives to a SWC here in the US? Maybe another place that builds wheels? The 16 or 17 inch rim seems like where I would rather stay as far as size. I should note Im trying to keep the build on the lighter side of things. Thanks.

Just thought I would post this on here. Just worked with trailworthy Fab in Kansas they are now stocking 5 lug and 6 lug double bead lock wheels. Give Todd a call tell Him Sebastian recommend the wheels.

Todd trail worthy +1 (316) 641-2950

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94