RSB's Radiant Red Tacoma build

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Hi Kurt. Looks great. I've considered this one for a long time. I like that's light weight, which I finally learned is best for the Tacoma.

Absolutely true, they are fantastic trucks but really vulnerable to overbuild and poor performance and part failures. I think the All Pro rear bumper is a perfect cross-section of function yet simplicity i.e. low weight. I never felt like I needed a tire on a swing with my Tacoma's considering they will hold a 33" tire and it has minimal impact on departure angle.

soonenough

Explorer
Hi Ryan. No, I haven't had the time or funds since getting married in January. I hope to soon!
I hear that one, I now have 2 kids under 18 months old, so I understand the low money/time problem. Looking forward to some updates on this build!

shortround13

Hey I apologize if it has been asked I didn't have time to read all 39 pages! But....2 questions. When you did the radio install in the headliner just in front of the courtesy lights (or to the rear depending on how you look at it) how much space was there between the headliner and roof....enough for a switch panel needing about 1.5-2"?
Also, I've been looking everywhere for some reference to the Warn M8000 wiring for an in cab controller, do you recall or have any wiring diagram as to which wires are what, as in the A, F1 and F2 for controlling in/out and ground. From what I've read, Warn also switches the ground as a safety in case a contactor gets stuck on so you don't damage the winch (or your truck)

RSB

Adventurer
No problem! Sorry for the delay getting back with you.

I don't remember how much room there was exactly, but I'd say there was at least an inch (not much)!

I don't have the wiring diagram handy, but here's a link to the controller I installed:

http://toyota.roadlessgear.com/dash-mounted-winch-control-3-2

I'm sure you could get the diagram reaching-out to them directly.

Hope that helps!

Hey I apologize if it has been asked I didn't have time to read all 39 pages! But....2 questions. When you did the radio install in the headliner just in front of the courtesy lights (or to the rear depending on how you look at it) how much space was there between the headliner and roof....enough for a switch panel needing about 1.5-2"?
Also, I've been looking everywhere for some reference to the Warn M8000 wiring for an in cab controller, do you recall or have any wiring diagram as to which wires are what, as in the A, F1 and F2 for controlling in/out and ground. From what I've read, Warn also switches the ground as a safety in case a contactor gets stuck on so you don't damage the winch (or your truck)

montanayota

Just read through all 26 pages. Amazing build up, incredible thought to detail. I was surprised to see my friend Ryan's old Taco (the AllPro Taco you posted for rear bumper ideas) with the Montana license plates! This has given me some great ideas for my Red Toyota Xtra cab!

RazHick4x4

Hey, I know that this thread has been out of commission for a while but I had a question that I was wondering if you could answer for me. First off though, as said above, amazing build and amazing detail. When I was buying my truck I looked for a Radiant Red build to see how the color would look with the black bumper, sliders, wheels, and etc. I found this truck and I can say that, while it wasn't the only factor, this build thread played a big part in me buying the truck I did. Anyways, did you go with the bolt on or weld on sliders? If they were weld-on do you happen to have any old photos of how they were attached? I'm in the process of building my own sliders right now and need some ideas for the plates that will weld directly to the frame. thx in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior