Gelaendewagen

on my first Rover Ihad to replace the front bumper 3x before getting the correct mods. I CAN'T imagin the bill on a G'Wagen. I mean DAYUM I think my insurance is high on my '04 Disco, I'd like to call my insurance company and see how much more a G'W goes

3 lockers stock though is sweet and if you are single and like trophy women, (I'm workn on it and they are so hard to say no to even when your instinct says otherwise lol) you will be a busy boy~! :jump: :jump:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Z O O R O P A said:
3 lockers stock though is sweet and if you are single and like trophy women, (I'm workn on it and they are so hard to say no to even when your instinct says otherwise lol) you will be a busy boy~! :jump: :jump:
Oh man, I know where you are coming from there! ha ha ha ha

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
A local dealership had a 280 sitting around for awhile. Sounds like they would have taken around 12k for it. It was in good shape in a reddish orange color. Had steel wheels, cloth seats and absolutely no bling to it. Very basic. I checked it out up close and actually thought about picking it up. Problem was I didn't need it and I was a bit turned off by the cost of parts and mods available for it. I still keep my eyes open for them though.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Z O O R O P A said:
if you are single and like trophy women, (I'm workn on it and they are so hard to say no to even when your instinct says otherwise lol) you will be a busy boy~! :jump: :jump:

I just really like the loks of them, and it would be honor to actually debling a G500 and make it trail ready. It would probably be the only one in the state. But I need to $$$ to buy one and mod it up first. Hopefully with the new G series coming out, and the old Gseries still being built, but not imported it will help to lower the resale value, but then if you all just heard what I wrote, then it would make sense that they will hold thier value. OK, I am stricken with the flu currently and am a bit delerious so I am just rambling here. I am going to go now.:confused:

This was in North Carolina at the Uw. Safari

009_6A.jpg

022_19A.jpg

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Just FYI, my good friend who I went to Mexico on the Moto trip with last summer has a 1986 G-Wagon for sale.....:ylsmoke:

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you his email....

-H-

Scott Brady

Founder
Hltoppr said:
Just FYI, my good friend who I went to Mexico on the Moto trip with last summer has a 1986 G-Wagon for sale.....:ylsmoke:

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you his email....

-H-

Ignore, ignore, ignore...

Does he want a Jeep Wrangler?

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I dug this thread out of the grave (II stayed home sick today so I had ALOT of time on my hands hahahahah) mostly because I really want to see some more about these trucks. Is there a good site like Terri-Ann's or Brian894x4's but for G-Waggens??? There is a place over ner my house that has a rag top SWB and I've seen another red SWB soft top driving around as well. And I was perusing through all of my "cool truck pics" on my computer and I found

This amazing thing:
(Disclamer: these are not my photo's and I totaly respect if they are owned by some one and you don't want me to post them, read: PM me and I'll take them down. I just couldn't help but save them to look at.)

2910505016.jpg

2910505020.jpg

2920505022.jpg

So what's the deal? Does anyone here know of any built ones or own one themselves? OF all the trucks we have here I really thought there'd be more of them to be seen.

Cheers

DAve

Lynn

Expedition Leader
I've been dreaming about these for a while. It seems to be that for an international expo, a G would be just the ticket. IIRC the 280 was the last of the non-electronic diesel models, and, as mentioned before, were used by the ton in militaries around the world. Shouldn’t be too hard to find a 25-year-old military surplus model to import. Also, IIRC, the engine in the 280 was the same one used in tons of diesel sedans here in the US. Being Mercedes, you should be able to get parts just about anywhere in the world. I believe that an international expo rig should be as close to stock as practical, so availability of mods doesn’t worry me too much, especially for a military surplus G that should already have good bumpers and stuff. And the Gs, in stock form, are just about the most capable ‘jeep like’ vehicle out there.

At home I have a link to a site with ‘all things G.’ I’ll try to post it up tonight.

The G Wagen with the camper is special, built up by someone like Hellgeth in Germany. It has very nonstock Mog axles with CTIS and 275/80R20 XZLs.

Charlie

lowenbrau

Explorer
Canadian DND bought a buttload of these to replace our Iltis vehicles. I'm looking forward to them showing up surplus. Note the Hutchison beadlocks.
LUVW.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior