1986 xr600r

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
A guy at work is selling an '86 XR600R that is already licensed for street and I am very interested in it.

Were there any issues inherent to this model that I would want to be aware of? Is there still aftermarket support? Was it a popular model at the time? Is there any sort of a "following" with these?

I rode it and it is really strong with no smoke, and the price is nice. He bought it last Spring and it is really too big for him as he is only 5-6 and 160, so he doesn't really ride it. I have an XR200R that he really likes the size of, so we may do a partial trade.

Thanks,
Dave

Oni

Adventurer
That bike has been around forever, and still exists more or less as the XR650L dual sport. Tons of aftermarket and still a very popular bike.

Look up Scott Summers. He used to win GNCC races on a XR600 and I think still has a company that makes stuff for them.

ExpoMike

Just make sure you get the starting sequence down. A buddy of mine had on and if it kicked back (from time to time) it would damn near break his leg or throw him off the bike.

The best source for everything XR's is www.xrsonly.com I had them rebuild my XR350 engine and it ran great. They have been around forever in the XR world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles