check out his four wheel camper

roamingaz

Explorer
This is the camper I am thinking of buying, the owner is in another state but is coming to Arizona in a couple weeks. looks to be in good condition, has 2 optima's, custom wiring, 80 watt solar. He wants $2500 do you think it's worth it ?

IMG_22131.jpg

IMG_22141.jpg

IMG_22211.jpg

IMG_22251.jpg

IMG_22261.jpg

What kind of truck are you putting it on? Does it have a furnace?

I can see where improvements have been made over the years but for $2500 it seems good to me as long as there are no leaks.

edit: I just checked out your other post 91 f250 :)

roamingaz

Explorer
I have a 91 f150 with 4 "lift and 35" inch tires, I am thnking of going down to 33's to lower the truck down a bit.
Yes the camper has a heater, no leaks and canvas in good condition.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Unfortunately in the time its taken you to think it over someone else has probably swooped in and taken it. Thats a serious steal. Good luck on the next one.

roamingaz

Explorer
I bought that camper and he will deliver it here in 2 weeks from New Mexico.
Nice guy and though not a member on here he knows several folks from Overland Journal.
I originaly was going to put this on a F150 but I have worked a nice trade for a old Chevy, if everything comes together as planned I will start a new thread on my build...it will be cool!

Stan@FourWheel

Explorer
Nice looking camper for its age.

Probably not a bad price if it is in good condition.

I would guess that a good chunk of the purchase price is for the cost of the solar panel & optima batteries (both are pretty expensive).

It looks like he has kept it in good condition.

I see a new water filler door and it also has a newer rear camper door.

Everything else looks pretty much stock & original in the pictures.

Now the BIG question of the day .... "How you gonna get that camper safely on your lifted truck" ?

Do you have access to a fork lift ?

(I don't see the 4 corner camper jacks on the camper)

If he has a set of the portable cable jacks, I would bet they are old, meaning the old cable jacks were shorter (only 5' tall instead of 6' tall) like the new ones available these days.

If they are the older / shorter cable jacks I don't think they are going to crank high enough for you to load the camper on a lifted truck.

:(

Just thought I would throw that out so you can start planning ahead.

You might have to make some platforms to set the cable jacks on to make them a little higher.

But each thing you do like this makes it scarrier to load. The higher you go with the camper the more it will sway in the wind, so to speak.

Hope this helps.

Happy Camping !

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
A friend of mine had one just like that - on a Dodge 3/4 ton. He got a lot of use out of it, then sold it to another friend with a Chevy....they take a lot of abuse and keep on going. Good luck!

roamingaz

Explorer
camper was delivered today and is is better then expected!

camper035.jpg

Even has the original owners manual
camper036.jpg

I started a new thread in the full size section since it looks like this will be a complete build up and I will be keeping it instead of selling it as planned.

Cacher

Observer
And that my friend is the sign of a person that takes care of their stuff----the original owners manual! This alone tells me you did good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online