Flip-pac camper build

Bella PSD

Explorer
Nice pics and write up Louie! I cant wait to get out there myself after my 4x4 conversion gets done on our Van. What camera were you using for all your pics in this story?

Thanks! I use all kinds on Camera's but most of these were with a Nikon D3 or an older Kodak DCS 14N (Nikon pretty much). And a few were with a really nice Nikon point and shoot (P5100).

BigMike

New to forum

Hello Everyone!
I am new to this forum. I am interested in learning more about the Flip Pac Convertible. I live in Ohio and the dealers all seem to be on the other side of the country. I have done searches for used units but I suspect that nobody is giving theirs up. I have a 2005 Ford Ranger supercab, 4.0 liter 4X4.

My interests include off road utility quads. I am looking for a more economical way to camp and pull my trailer with quads than my vintage 77 Dodge Motorhome. With fuel prices on the rise with no ceiling in sight, I think it may be time to retire the motorhome.

I would love to hear from Flip Pac owners or any other brand similar to these.

Mike

Mike-colorado

Thanks for posting all this. I just bought a F350 that has a Flip-Pac needing a new Torsion bar. I am sure you just saved me a boatload of time getting it done!

Camelfilter

Explorer
Thanks for posting all this. I just bought a F350 that has a Flip-Pac needing a new Torsion bar. I am sure you just saved me a boatload of time getting it done!

Give a search through the forums when you have time. A bunch of folks have "deleted" the torsion bar.

I'm in the process of deleting mine.

See this thread: Flippac torsion delete modification for how I'm going about it (I just copied other folks on here).

There are other ways to go about the delete, recently a user simply attached pipe acrossed the top...I'll see If I can find that thread...

Edit, thread I was thinking about: A flippin' diamond in the rough

Also, ipf you are in need of a rain-fly, I have mine listed in the for-sale section. Just a "feeler" for now, until I get my new one & make sure it fits.

Last edited:

Littlehouse

Adventurer
This is how they should make the Flippac. Very nice! Would have been cool if he did the reverse flip as well for a built in awning.

BajaSurfRig

Hi Bella PSD,

Can you give me some details on how you glassed the 2x to the bottom of the flip above the bed rails. Did you wrap the inside and outside with it to keep moisture issues at bay? How many layers of glass did you lay? How has it been holding up? I just purchased a older flip pac for my Tacoma that doesn't fit perfect and I am planning on mimic-ing this part of your build.

Thanks,

Matt

redexplorer

Love everything you have done. I have been following it and building my own. I have a 5ft tacoma bed with a 6ft Flippac, so I had to build a box. Do you have more photos of your interior? Looking at the best way to build out the interior with a little kitchenette and dinette.

Thanks so much

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94