95 2 Door Tahoe SAS project

wrench-head

Observer
The front springs are custom packs from Alcan. I ordered them with a soft rate so Alcan used many thin leaves to get the soft rate and capacity. The rears are just stock packs with an add a leaf. Most think that many leaves means a stiff rate, but to get a soft progressive rate the custom guys do high leaf counts with thin leaves. Nothing special.

The rear axle was a junkyard score and the front was craigslist find. I have another set that i'm swapping in probably in the spring so if you interested let me know, they would be a bolt in for your application.

Spargman

Adventurer
Alex,
A few questions:

Which ARB bumper did you go with? (doesn't look like their Chevy model)
What is your overall lift height with that setup?
Don't laugh at this question, but what is your mpg on the highway?
Where did you find a brake pedal for that hydro setup?

Great build man, incredible!!

arveetek

Adventurer
Check out page 70 of the January 2013 edition of Petersen's 4 Wheel and Off-Road! Very nice Tahoe indeed...

Casey

Explorerinil

Observer
Wrench-head,

Great work with very tasteful upgrades! 1995 was the last year you could get a 5-speed in a 2 door Tahoe. Albeit a NV3500, but at least it was a manual. I worked at GM in Detroit in vehicle sales, service and marketing during this time frame and had exposure to the production numbers back then which was less than 1,000 5 speeds in 1995 for Tahoe’s. Most of which were plain-Jane 1SA work trucks for export to the Middle East.

Look me up if you ever head to down this way. I would love to see your rig!
I had a 94 black sport 2door, I’ve seen tons of full-size blazers and later 2 door Tahoe’s, I have never seen a factory manual trans version.

I’m surprised the owner found one in that great of shape... very very cool build.

wrench-head

Observer
whyyyyy... if its half as nice as it was why would ya?

Just been sitting torn apart for the last few years since I moved into a house and have been/continue to be slammed with work and domestic projects. I've had to move parts for it around more times than I can think and getting tired of it all in the way. Been tough to get motivated to move out on it, honestly. I have a pile of parts for it. Coilovers for the front suspension since I could never get happy with the leafs, 8.1L engine with a Raylar cam, 6 speed manual trans, magnum box to replace doubler, etc.

How it sits now...

20171215_101032.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles