Eglaisi's Nismo Frontier

Eglaisi

Hey all, been lurking here a while, figured it's time to actually start being active. Thought it would be fitting for my first post to be a truck spec list (isn't that why we're all here?)

Make: Nissan

Model: Nismo Frontier King Cab. 4.0L V6. 6 speed manual transmission. 4x4 with electronic locking rear differential

Mods:

Suspension and tires:
PRG Radflo 2.0 coilovers up front
PRG Heim joint Upper control arms
PRG Deaver Add-a-leaf in rear
PRG 1" billet block
PRG Extended Stainless steel brake lines
PRG Radflo 2.0 emulsion (internal res)(uninstalled-waiting for bushings)

265/75R16 Cooper STT tires
16" OEM Pathfinder Alloy wheels

Interior:
Proclip to attach Superchips to
OEM rubber floor mats
[Soon, in mail]Carling amber switches
Rewired PIAA light harnesses to be able to use the Carlings

Exterior:
ARE canopy, painted to match
Custom flat black mesh grille
Debaged tailgate
LED line of fire
Black widow Hilift jack mount
PIAA 510SMR driving lights behind grille
PIAA 1400 Fog lights in air dam (not installed)
PIAA Xtreme White bulbs in HL and in stock fogs
Genuine Nismo oil cap

Performance:
Superchips Cortex Tuner
91 Perf tune
Banks cat-back exhaust
Volant cold air intake, closed box design
Royal Purple oil in rear diff

Coming soon: (no particular order...)

Trailgear 58" sliders, bolt on
2" Body lift (to clear:...)
255/85R16 Cooper ST tires
Rear aux lighting
OBA, undecided still... thinking Viair 497C compressor
Inside storage system, eliminating rear fold down seats
CB radio
Gas hood struts
Rear differential breather mod (parts ordered)
De-chrome
Titan front diff, V8 Pathy halfshafts
4.10s..?

(wow, that's where all my money went!)

Pictures: click for full size

Last edited:

Kjell Sullivan

Observer
Nice rig. and it's good to see a fellow King cabber here.
I am anxious to see how your other mods go. I've been sniffing at the Trail Gear Sliders myself as they seem to be an excellent price.:ylsmoke:

Eglaisi

Thanks, and yes, that's what attracted me to the TGs as well.

I found a local(ish) dealer that have them in stock and will sell them to me for $225CDN (219USD). Alot more attractive then Shrocks price tag of $464. :Wow1: (+ shipping + waiting for customs)

Eglaisi

Thanks Mike. I did it so my driving lights were actually useable, stock honeycomb blocked way too much light.

104_0466.jpg

I'm going to move the lights closer together I think.

Tomorrow I may cave in and buy sliders.

Eglaisi

Trailgear. 58". Making them bolt on. May add a small kicker on the rear part to protect the front of the boxside, we'll see.

mcm4090

Explorer
Did you see the slider on the Discount Tire Direct frontier? The slider look just like trail gear slider but they are bolt on. Don't know what he pad.

davidshourd

Adventurer
nice frontier. good to see another king cab Nismo manual tranny! I am running a nearly identical set up but I have the total chaos upper arms and 3" AAL in the rear with the 1.5" shackles (helps for when I carry my pop up camper). where in BC are you? I am just getting ready to move to Portland, if there are any places halfway between we should try and arrange a meet.

I will post up some pictures when I get home.

Eglaisi

Thanks guys. I'm just north of Vancouver BC. And yes I love the long bed, I couldn't imagine having the short bed. Especially since I haul my dirtbike around in the summer months (with tailgate closed even![bike on angle though]).

The ARE was on the truck when I bought it. I have to say, I wasn't feeling it 100% at first, but it's grown on me alot. The build quality is great! Matches the truck's lines very nicely. Has an LED third brake light, and a cargo light on the inside. I think windoors would be awesome, I may have to look into that. The paint is bubbling on mine, but I don't know who painted it. Once I get a chance, I will repaint.

104_0593.jpg

I did buy sliders yesterday. 58" TGs for $160OTD ... they advertised for $225 online. :victory:

Also thought up an idea for reverse lights. Will put my PIAA 1400 fogs to use finally. Maybe next weekend's project... when I'm not so hungover :beer:

EricBirk

Adventurer
Digging the truck man!!
I too am a 6speed KC owner, nice to see another one.
I didnt even realize that the Trail gear ones would work.
Any mods required to clear things?
If not I think I will jump on that as well.

NM-Frontier

Explorer
How did the trail gear sliders work out? Wouldn't the 58" be short I have been looking at the 78" to get full coverage on my KC. I would love to see some pics of them on the truck thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior