ETAV8R's 09 Tacoma Build-The Gini

fifthcircle

Adventurer
IMG_9770.jpg
[/URL]

How did you beef up your flip-pack for 130,000lbs for top loading weight? Must have a heckova headwind for that short of a runway too..... :coffeedrink:

Harp

Adventurer
plastic bed rails

I noticed you still have your plastic bed rails in place. Ever have a problem with that? I went from a 02 Tacoma to an 2011 and the difference in the front was huge. Took off the bed rails for installation and found the flippac did not cover all of the factory holes. I have some ideas to change it a bit. Waiting for warmer weather to do some remodeling to my flippac. Just wondering if thats what happened to you. Nice looking rig!!!!

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Hey Harp,

Thanks for the comment. This is one of the differences of the instal process of FRP vs. AT. FRP uses multiple bulb seal on the sides. I haven't noticed any problems with the way FRP does it.

Tbird

Observer
Great pics of the Tacoma/Flippac. I've got a white access cab that I'm strongly considering mounting a Flippac on.
Do you have a side-shot pic of the truck with the tent deployed that you could post on this thread?
Me and TacoDoc pretty much have my wife on board. But history is against me because I always sleep on the ground
w/o a tent. So she is wondering why I need to spend 5.5K on a "tent" when I usually don't even set one up now.

Have you done anything to the inside...like Doc...yet?

Thanks for posting.

Tom

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
T-bird I will check for a side pic with tent deployed. Have you seen Wasurf's posts about his? I think he may have a pic. He has a white BC LB Taco with a white flippac. Looks great too.
I don't have anything built in the back yet but would like something along the lines of Wasurfs. Check out his build.
Most of my travels involve my GF and she loves the flippac and we've only used it a couple times.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Side deployment pic as requested (from my Death Valley trip report):
IMG_9586.jpg

ps tell your wife she can have privacy to change or do whatever inside since you can stand up inside. Might help sell her on the fp

Tbird

Observer
ETAV8R,

SWEET PIC...thanks for posting that for me. My wife has pretty much come around. The LOVES the Flippac...she's just not totally convinced that we NEED a Flippac.
That side shot pic will likely seal the deal. It was her that wanted to see that angle.

In fact we are going to the Overland Expo in S. AZ in April hoping to get to see one...among a million other cool things.

Tbird

musicmaan

Observer
ETAV8R... That's a damn nice lookin' truck dude! I wish my truck was that color. What wheels are you running on your rig?

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Thanks for the compliments. The wheels are Konig Countersteer Offroads. Search for JLB motorsports.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Yes it is Cerro Gordo. I was with a group of people on this trip and had not been there before. I have also not personally been up there via Swansea but several others in the group had gone that route. It was a great trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles