RambleWriters

• Thread starter Deleted member 12023
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12023

http://ramblewriter.com/ramblings/

I stumbled across this couple's website yesterday who are driving the Pan-Am highway.

They have been gone for about nine months, and say they have only spent $87.00 US on lodging since they left. Their site has some very useful information regarding border crossings, gear, low-key camping, food and life on the road in general.

I apologize if it has already been posted on here, but I figured it is definitely a noteworthy site and adventure. I highly enjoyed it!

londonist

It's very cool. I wanted to buy Nick's truck, but we just couldn't do the logistics in time - real shame, would have been perfect. Top people.

Toyotero

Explorer
They've added a lot of fun videos since I last looked at their site. Lots of good info about border crossings, city guide and guides to living out of a vehicle/pirate camping. It's a great website.

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
I found this site a while back too, but I recently went back to look around and I must say it's started something I can't stop. I'm hooked on the idea of driving to Tierra del Fuego now. :sombrero:

The fact they did this in a first gen 4runner is what caught my interest. It's motivated me to get my 4runner more overland-ready. As a matter of fact, I just had to make a test run so I'm in the middle of a "mini expedition" from Austin to Seattle just to get the feet wet on my 87 4runner. The fact that it went so well, is making it really difficult to talk myself out of Central & South America. Also, the fact that my girlfriend is so onboard for this makes it all too real. :wings:

Last edited:

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
While searching for something I stumbled back on this old thread...

Funny how one little idea can really snowball and turn into something life-changing :sombrero:

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
It was down for quite some time but it came back a while ago...their forum they setup seemed to be constantly attacked by spambots.

There's still a ton of info missing from there site, like the specifics on their 4Runner build. It's a shame because they did some pretty cool stuff. Now that we've relocated to NC I was hoping to someday meet up with them for a drink, since they were our first inspiration to do what we're doing :sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles