PICS of your bike on your vehicle

LeadDoggy

Observer
2009 KTM EXC450 Champion edition on my 2007 Ford E350 w/ custom built rack. I'm using two receivers for the rack and have the center one to sitll tow a trailer with the rack attached

DSCN1073.jpg

etbadger

Adventurer
Completely off topic, but do the solar panels above the windshield suck wind? That would be a pretty good idea as they would act like a visor, but I'd be worried they might break due to wind shear

Sorry, I completely missed this when it came up.

The panels do catch a bit of wind, but nothing terribly alarming. We have hit a wind-gust that was sufficient (in a canyon, 60+mph windy day, semi coming the other way) to actually pop the front of our luggage box concave, and the panels held onto the roof fine. When we re-work it I will probably put them on a slight incline while driving to see if that reduces the noise/buffeting they generate (not a lot, but some).

They are not far enough forward to provide much shade in the cabin, but do shade the front pop-top roof when the roof is up.

-e

T.Low

Expedition Leader
2009 KTM EXC450 Champion edition on my 2007 Ford E350 w/ custom built rack. I'm using two receivers for the rack and have the center one to sitll tow a trailer with the rack attached

DSCN1073.jpg

The aux rear lights are something I've been thinking about.

Can a guy bother you to get more detailed pics of underneath? And throw in a courtesey side or 3/4 view pic of that ************ van (preferably with bike hanging off the back).

I've been using my AMC 400 on a weekly basis for about 6 months now and I like it a lot. I think it was $150 shipped. I had to grind a flat spot on the bottom of my reciever for the little anti sway fitting to actually have good purchase to do it's job and since then it's been solid as a rock. Even on FS roads through the mountains.

WinthroptoOroville086k.jpg

WinthroptoOroville065k.jpg

WinthroptoOroville012k.jpg

OlgaBeachHouse039k.jpg

T.Low

Expedition Leader
my versa-rack has worked great for my tw200. I modified it a bit for a 2.5 hitch box and to get it closer to the back. A swingaway model would be great does anyone have an example?

Nice looking rig.

I've seen a nice mountain bike swing away but can't see it working for a 250lb enduro. Examples anyone? I'd like to be able to access my back doors and hatch without unloading. And history has proven that I can't unload the thing without going for a ride.:bike_rider:

What about a pivot on one side and a hitch jack with heavy duty offroad wheel on the other? Hitch jack of course folds up when not in use. Roll one end away and then lock brake on the jack wheel to lock in the away position.

Last edited:

T.Low

Expedition Leader
Thanks LD. I need cut/add/weld mine to increase departure angle a bit. I like what you have done. Like the lights, too.

VicHanson

Adventurer
Not ON, but IN, does that qualify?

Still working on my camper but just got the bike and tried the garage on for size. It fits!

attachment.php

attachment.php

camp'n_hunt

Observer
T'Dub

Bought the Alum rack off Ebay for $125 delivered which works great if i don't have my trailer. Made a bracket to adapt it too my trailer when i go camping. 2 pins lock the plate to the frame. easy on easy off and i can still get to both the tongue box and the back of the truck! Now it's time for some upgrades for the bike :)

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0805.jpg
    IMG_0805.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0806.jpg
    IMG_0806.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0807.jpg
    IMG_0807.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 123

Lichen

Explorer
There are a couple of shots of the MX Hauler at the beginning and end of the video here:

http://www.ridetherock.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4445

And here's more of the Harbor Freight carrier:

757460017_3Hdgf-XL.jpg

756793876_wa5wZ-XL.jpg

I recall seeing somewhere a small dirtbike (full-size, not a kid's bike) being on a roof rack. I would think that if you distributed the weight, it could be done without much more hassle than carrying a couple of 10-speeds..

4Runner is a great vehicle. I had an '89 with the 4-banger and a 5-speed when I lived in Alaska.

John

Indiana looks a lot like Arizona!

mporter

Observer
Cool rigs..

Lots of cool set ups, here is mine kinda basic but works well.

Attachments

• tw on back.jpg
    tw on back.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 120

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles