Thread: An expedition truck on portals...

Wow very impressive Robert!!
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '80 300GD "Radio Flyer"(SOLD)
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 6.0L UJOR 4WD "VANdiana Jones"; Build thread

I just stumbled upon this thread and it looked like an incredible trip!!! I know this may sound crazy, but I saw a photo you posted and am absolutely in love with it and am curious if you would mind sending me the original. Ideally, I would like to have it framed and hung in my garage! Attached is the photo for reference. Thanks!!! (PS I tried PMing you but your inbox is full)

Hi, that´s a wonderful find!
    I will look it up when I am back in Europe next week and happily send it to you!
    It was one of the toughest adventures I ever embarked on but it was also one of the most memorable I ever did.
    It was great to do it together with my wonderful friend Erik Brandenburg (who build and raced this Porsche 911 Safari) while I trailered his car and all our spares to the start, ran T4 service and support for him all the way to the finish line at Lac Rose, Dakar, Senegal, and then I drove back, as the only competitor, to pick up the Porsche in Marseille and trailer it back to his place in Hamburg.

Interesting that you find this image now as I am in New York to promote my old plan of preparing my truck for the overland trip to the US in early 2018.
    I decided to finally stop finding excuses to further delay it and actually get down, work hard on preparing the LR130CC-R(hino) and do this trip.

Thanks again to all of you who still follow this thread and my truck!
    Rallyewerk...still just a dream of a dreamer but it may just work! Who knows! Thanx to all of you out there! THANX!

Find images from offroad events and great car builds on my photo site: http://rallyewerk.photoshelter.com

Great to hear Robert, fantastic work making it happen!
    A vehicle’s worth is not what you put into it, but what it put into you.
    '80 300GD "Radio Flyer"(SOLD)
    '03 G500 "O'erländewagen"(SOLD); Build thread, ExPo feature
    '07 E-350 6.0L UJOR 4WD "VANdiana Jones"; Build thread

Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104