An expedition truck on portals...

Oilworker

Explorer
I do hope you guys wont start this damn winch discussion about who invented what in this thread, will you please?
It may look like a "laughing stick" winch but it isn´t.
It´s a winch developed by Tibus.

Oilworker

Explorer
Interesting discussion. I was wondering how much real world increase in milage I'd get if I did a diesel swap. I hear guys talking about 30-40 mpg from their trucks (might be Discos), but is that real? I usually get around 15-20 L/100km from my V8 auto Disco. I'm hoping to pick up a bit of economy with the manual transmission swap. I just wonder how much better a 300tdi or TD5 would do, really. Especially when considering pulling a large trailer.

If you´re interested, Tibus has a TD5 with new turbo and low milage from a Defender he stripped for his own project 110SW.

Oilworker

Explorer
Good morning & greetings from the road....

4772949.jpg

So long,

Robert

Ford Prefect

Expedition Leader
Looks really nice Robert, congrats

Color me jealous, that is a super looking set up you have there.

Hope you will post up lots on the dresden breslau! If you have time to take some photos send them our way please!

Cheers

Brian

Maryland 110

Adventurer
I do hope you guys wont start this damn winch discussion about who invented what in this thread, will you please?
It may look like a "laughing stick" winch but it isn´t.
It´s a winch developed by Tibus.

I was admiring it-thats all. Any idea what would it be rated @ with the big drum and two motors ? Love the early morning shot.

Oilworker

Explorer
Hi,

I am back from the LRO Show in Billing and it was quite an experience.
I even met Justin from Lucky8 :ylsmoke:

Some more imgaes of the new TIBUS Twin motor winch...

4820518.jpg

4820521.jpg

The drum is pretty full, but I packed almost 80m of rope (11mm) on it and did so by hand.
The winch retails at approx. € 3.000,- (excl. tax), which would be about US$ 4.000,- (excl. tax) plus shipping/handling.

Another shot showing the hight increase and change in appearance compared to a standard Defender 130 Puma (TD4)....

4822591.jpg

4822592.jpg

So long,

Robert

Last edited:

Oilworker

Explorer
Having the opportunity to be on the Silverline stand I was able to take the dimensions of a few rims and see if they would be available in the proper offset required to cover the drop boxes.

4822664.jpg

Pictured above is the Silverline Blendo 7x16 military rim and from September 2010 they will also have a 8x16 available.
Wolfgang Tibus is currently looking for other, alternative, brake discs and callipers.

Currently I have the ORC domes mounted but I will go for the new turrets developed by Devon4x4 next month. Probably together with the King Shocks setup.

4822684.jpg

So long,

Robert

Oilworker

Explorer
I work very hard for this "budget". Have in the past and probably will for some time to come...but as you say, I think it´s money well spend and to me it´s very important to get it right the first time now, not like improvising as I did with my K5 and my 110SW.
I guess I am my own biggest fan, too :wings: at least I became a member in my own fan-club when I saw the truck the first time live!

Oilworker

Explorer
You like the Blendo Wheels?

Well wait until you see the first WMIK on those portals later this year :wings::wings:

Sirocco

Explorer
spotted your rig at Biling (AKA Bling) Robert, nice to see it in the flesh. I didn't get a good poke around and by the time I got back it had gone. where did you take it? Hope you enjoyed the show, I came away with a sankey based overland trailer :) so good weekend for me certainly.

G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles