An expedition truck on portals...

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Either, but I would go Lax, more options and Vegas can be crazy, and yes even crazier than LAX. See what the best deal you can get from Enterprise, Hertz, or Avis.

spam

Robert,

I usually use http://www.sunnycars.de/ for rentals abroad, because of their all-inclusive-prices. I didn't use them for the US though. In other case they were very competitive because all insurance, km and such are included. They don't stick to one Rental company either.

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
We are Canadians that do a lot of desert racing in Class 1 and trophy truck, we leave our vehicles in the area. Check the distance from the Palm Springs airport, we fly in and out of there all the time as well as Vegas. Palm Springs is the easiest international airport I have flown out of in the USA. Much nicer people there too. LAX leaves a lot to be desired. Vegas, even when busy as hell is better than LAX. That's what I've learned from the last 20 trips.

rockwood

Adventurer
We are Canadians that do a lot of desert racing in Class 1 and trophy truck, we leave our vehicles in the area. Check the distance from the Palm Springs airport, we fly in and out of there all the time as well as Vegas. Palm Springs is the easiest international airport I have flown out of in the USA. Much nicer people there too. LAX leaves a lot to be desired. Vegas, even when busy as hell is better than LAX. That's what I've learned from the last 20 trips.

Hate LAX with a vengence. Though flying the puddle jumper from there to Palm Springs makes for an interesting ride if the weather is rough.

Oilworker

Explorer
Thanx!!!!
I'll fly into Vegas and enjoy the drive through the desert instead of the big city chaos.
Gear is packed and ready.
Wow, I am really looking forward to this experience :D

Oilworker

Explorer
Now I had to fly over to the KoH to find my new Hutchinson Double Beadlock wheels.

Hutchinson_WA-1785_000001_web800t.jpg

I only need to tell Hutchinson that they make them already!

Last edited:

Jeep

Supporting Sponsor: Overland Explorer Expedition V
Now I had to fly over to the KoH to find my new Hutchinson Double Beadlock wheels.
I only need to tell Hutchinson that they make them already!

Sounds like trying to buy something from Dana.....

Oilworker

Explorer
Dana??? Who?
No, but my little pocket camera and notebook is fullof new ideas and it was great to see a lot of great solitions life for the first time..

Oilworker

Explorer
I tried almighty Google tonight and gave my contact at Hutchinson Europe a final chance, too, but these wheels seem so secret that will probably have to take the 5 I saw here on the lakebed with me ;-)
For one I am really happy again that I didn't go for less load and chose the Toyota wheels.

Oilworker

Explorer
Jeff,
I took tons of images and am probably as curious to see them as you guys are. My Toughbook finally failed on me the day after my arrival, which is why I am down to my iPhone for all posting.

20130208_RK_09126_web1200t-2_helo.jpg

I am flying out tomorrow, after a brief visit at Overland Journal' office in Prescott, AZ, and will start uploading images as soon as I am back at my place.

Last edited:

psykokid

Explorer
KOH is good for planting all sorts of devious ideas in ones head. I kept a look out for you on Friday while i was up for the race, didn't end up seeing you.. Hope you had a good time and cant wait to hear what your take on things was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles