school me on trackers

greg mgm

Explorer
I absolutely love that Sidekick! Someday I'd like to add something like that to my line up. If you don't mind me asking, what would a ballpark cost be for a sidekick with all the mods you've done. Something for me to think about for a while.

You can see articulation and tire clearance here: no fender trimming.

DSCF0926.jpg

Note that this was with the front sway bar connected.

RubiconGeoff

Adventurer
I absolutely love that Sidekick! Someday I'd like to add something like that to my line up. If you don't mind me asking, what would a ballpark cost be for a sidekick with all the mods you've done. Something for me to think about for a while.

Well, you can kinda price it out yourself based on what mods you want to make, but here's a rough rundown:

$700 for the suspension.
$700 for the Bull Bar.
$225 for the roof rack.
$250 for the IFS & gas tank skid plates.
$250 for the snorkel.
$200 for the rear locker.
$200 for the rock sliders.
$100 for the lights.
$1100 for the wheels & tires.

I could be missing something, but I think that's it. If you plan to do many steep hillclimbs while loaded down at high altitudes, then I would definitely recommend a set of 4:1 t-case gears ($650). And of course you need to shop around for a Sidekick/Tracker in good shape at a decent price.

greg mgm

Explorer
I'd probably start with the suspension, locker and wheels, then upgrade as finances allow. That would make a really nice smaller 4x4 which would work great for me. I've already looked around on CL for pricing, but at this point it's just something I'm thinking about. I keep going back to the black 4 door pic for inspiration. Thanks a lot for replying with upgrade costs!

frumpy

Explorer
I'm really digging this one I found on Pirate
P1000994.jpg

P1010015.jpg

IMG_4370.jpg

32X11.5 sx, stock drive drain, 3" body lict, 2" sus lift, bumpers, sliders, and skidplate

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
speaking of winching (and since your from warn), what would be the best sized winch to go on something tracker sized.

A 6,000lbs winch would probably be perfect until you had to pull someone else out. Would it be better to run something like an 8,000lbs (or 10,000lbs I have sitting in my shed) and deal with the extra size/weight or would it be a better idea to just use a smaller winch and snatch block for pulling out heavier vehicles.

We recommend 1.5 x GVWR for the minimum pulling capacity. A WARN M6000 would be fine for most Trackers/Sidekicks/Vitaras. However, in most cases, the WARN M8000 is typically a bit cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online