Conqueror struts

fubar

Adventurer
***Final Update***

I was finally able to get appropriate replacement struts for both the front and rear hatches. They are from Mike <rv-trader@clearwire.net> at Columbia Struts http://columbiastruts.com

The fronts are 24.4" 20 lb and the rears are 28" 120lb. Both on 10mm balls. They fit in the stock location and work great. I fine ~$80 investment

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

I am in dire need of replacements for the rear hatch struts on my Conqueror Compact. I have tried all the local options and cannot find anything close. This is the closest I can find on line.

The type 316 23"

http://www.mcmaster.com/#4155t801/=5mf9ht

Thoughts?

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
no luck either!

I searched high and low after breaking one of mine. Even tried Dean and e-mailing a Europe and a South African dealer. The part that sucks was I have a part number from a well known manufacture and still couldn't find it.

I gave up, bought a different sized pair and drilled new holes in the trailer.
Please share if you find the right ones, mine don't open the rear hatch as high...

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Whats the hard part about finding them? McMaster has a huge selection, seems like they could be crossed referenced easily. What makes them different?

~ James

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
All you need to know is the extended and collapsed length, force poundage, and end type.

~James

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
mine were...

Gabriel Gaslift 4145-261102

I do not have the compressed and extended lengths on me, but NOTHING matched.

YMMV

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Was anything within an inch or two? Its got a little room for play on the rear door. Somebody get me the info I posted above, and I gaurantee I can find what you need.

When I was searching for my gas struts, the options were infinite.

~ James

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
physically measure the present shut and open lengths

remove one strut and use a fish scale in its place to see how much force you need.

or remove tailgate and tire and weigh it and divide by two and add 15%

the end discriptions and part numbers is a pain

fubar

Adventurer
Thanks to all and did all that. The ones referenced in the site I posted were the closest...AND they only come in stainless steel for $70 each.

I might just bite the bullet and spend the money.

*sigh*

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Here ya go. They are $17 bucks each, and are almost identical to what you posted in the orginal post, just steel instead of stainless.

McMaster part number.
9416K2

~ James

tuber

I've also had great luck with these folks - very friendly service over the phone. They're located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan:
http://www.lstechnologies.ca/

Provided the specs of the gas spring I wanted for my tail gate, and I had the spring in my hands 3 days later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior