Project Overlander-Build Thread

alexfm

Explorer
Sorry its taken me so long to post this, but I finally got pictures of the rockers, and my hitch. I've been really busy lately, but better late than never. also, I have a JCR Lightrack and 4 Hella 500's on order too. :sombrero: And some stickers. :)

Rear End of Driver's Side Rocker.

Photo11221356.jpg

Front End of Driver's Side Rocker

Photo11221355.jpg

and, last but not least, my hitch. :) Complete with SierraExpeditions decal. :ylsmoke:

Photo11211244_3.jpg

I also bought a Receiver Tow Hook and Hitch pin at Harbor freight the day I put the hitch on. :) But no pictures of that stuff right now. :D

alexfm

Explorer
You guys know what this means. :)

Photo11241344.jpg

I just bought my CherryBomb Turbo Muffler, and I'll be putting it on the jeep maybe tomorrow. :D Im so excited! I didnt get the stuff for the side exit pipe yet, so IM gonna have to live with the rear exit factory pipe for now. Which sticker do you guys think would look better? I like them both, and I cant decide. :sombrero:

Also, my lights should be here in the beginning of december, between the 2nd and the 6th. :) I dont know aabout the lightbar yet. I havent gotten an email from JCR saying they've shipped it, but I can wait. Their products are the BOMB! :victory:

alexfm

Explorer
Just a teeny update. My lights and filters just shipped from Amazon! They should be here around the first! :sombrero:

alexfm

Explorer
great job on the rickers
I like the round cherry bomb sticker

Thanks. :) Yea, My girlfriend came over yesterday, and I asked her, and she said the same thing. :coffeedrink: So round sticker it is. :D The decal is going on my full face helmet.:sombrero:

alexfm

Explorer
Update!

Pictures tomorrow, for now, you will have to just imagine it.:coffeedrink:

The lightbar got here Dec. 21st, and is mounted to the XJ. I love it, and can't wait to mount everything and get it all wired. So yes, I have yet to wire the lights up, mostly for lack of time, and I have no idea where to put the switches. If any of you would be so kind, I would really appreciate some pictures of where you put aux. switches. Also, I picked up a cargo net at one of the Pick and Pulls in town, for free I might add :wings:, and have added that, as well as hard mounting my First Aid kit. The first aid kit is the part im very proud of. Nothing fancy, but I finally got it done, and Im very happy with it. Look forward to pictures sometime tomorrow.

Alex.

alexfm

Explorer
Well, a sort of small update, sans pictures, as usual. I'll be coming into some money in the next week or so, and I will be buying my new lift springs, and shocks. Anybody know of anything else I need? I'm debating buying new U-bolts with the lift, as I may or may not be able to get them cheaper locally. As for brakelines, I've heard good things about people using YJ brakelines on their lifted XJs, so Im probably just gonna get those at AutoZone or something. For those that are interested, I'm going with the Rusty's 3 inch lift, as I already have the coils, and I just need to buy the leaf springs. :victory: (pictures of my First Aid Kit coming later today, hopefully.

alexfm

Explorer
Pictures! As promised, pictures of the Jeep and the First Aid Kit mount.

First, the most recent picture I have of my rig. Driveway poser shot, I know, I haven't had time to take her out lately. You can see my JCR Lightbar in this picture as well.

Photo01151235.jpg

And, my First Aid Kit, complete with mounts. :) I still need to add some stuff to the kit itself, but it'll work for most general injuries.

Photo01151236.jpg

alexfm

Explorer
Well, I bought my compressor earlier today, and I will work on wiring it in tomorrow. Pictures to follow, for whoever is still reading this thread.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
I would hope that the lift kit would come with new u-bolts, if not, most definitely get new ones.
How does the cherry bomb sound on the six banger ?

alexfm

Explorer
I would hope that the lift kit would come with new u-bolts, if not, most definitely get new ones.
How does the cherry bomb sound on the six banger ?

See, thats the thing, Im not buying the whole kit, I just need the leaf springs. I already have the coils. I just need to buy the u-bolts, and shocks for all 4 corners. And springs as well.

The CherryBomb is great. Its got a nice, throaty rumble at idle, but isn't too loud at throttle. I really like it. I'll see if I can't take a video and post it here so you can see how it sounds.

alexfm

Explorer
Small-ish update.

Got a few little things done. First, my new "attic". Got the idea from the Homebrew Jeep Modification thread. There's a few more pictures of it there as well.
GEDC0013.jpg

Also, I slapped an aux. reverse light on her, but I've some wiring issues, so for now, its just on there to look pretty. :coffeedrink: You can also see my shiny CherryBomb muffler too. :victory:
GEDC0021.jpg

Relatively new (to me at least) YJ steelies, with off-brand A/Ts on them. I love the look, and they're considerably lighter than the set I had before.
GEDC0020.jpg

Also, a teaser of the color im using for my lightbar.
GEDC0018.jpg

And just for kicks, my other long term project. My dad's 1979 Scout 2. It used to run, but now its either an issue with fuel delivery, ingnition, both, or none of the above. :snorkel: Also, you can see my stack of spare tires and rims for the XJ sitting in front of the Scout. My dad makes it sound like such a big deal, I've only got three sets. :sombrero:
GEDC0019.jpg

Thats it for now. On Board Air coming soon. I just need to work out some wiring and plumbing issues first. :sombrero:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Do you have plans to enclose that rear light under the bumper? I'd be afraid of smash it on something or kicking a rock up from my rear tire on a gravel road and destroying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior