Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Project Overlander-Build Thread

New picture:

Taken a couple days ago at the EP/LC ExPo Meet and Greet. Thanks to LexusAllTerrain for the great pictures.

You can now see how I mounted my lights, my lightbar, and my custom centercaps.
    2008 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD OffRoad - 265/75/16 BFG KO2, Leer Camper, Lightbar with 2 9" LED Driving Lights (Poor Man's Intensitys)

1995 Cherokee- 4.0L HO, AX15, NP231, D30, Chrysler 8.25, 235.75.15 Adventuro M/T on Wrangler Steelies, 2" Spacer Lift, Class II hitch front and rear, CherryBomb Turbo Muffler, 4 Hella 500s
    Project Overlander - Formerly known as Project Arcangel

More updates and pictures and stuffs:

First off, the most recent picture I've got:

*Note: I fixed the nasty mess of wires and zip ties on the light bar the day after I took this picture, now there are only 4 zip ties, and it looks much nicer.

Now, something I've been wanting since I started building my storage deck (not finished yet). Camp Lights, to light up the interior a bit more than usual, so I can cook and such. Picked up these cheap-o ricer "fog lights" at O'Reillys for like $25, and installed them as such:

From my night time, driveway testing, they're pretty good for this, and even look good. And best of all, I got it all wired up right the very first time. Very proud of that, as I usually screw up wiring.

A daytime picture of one of the lights on:

And lastly, a few little cosmetic things:

And lastly, my favourite:

2008 Toyota Tacoma DCSB TRD OffRoad - 265/75/16 BFG KO2, Leer Camper, Lightbar with 2 9" LED Driving Lights (Poor Man's Intensitys)

1995 Cherokee- 4.0L HO, AX15, NP231, D30, Chrysler 8.25, 235.75.15 Adventuro M/T on Wrangler Steelies, 2" Spacer Lift, Class II hitch front and rear, CherryBomb Turbo Muffler, 4 Hella 500s

Quote Originally Posted by marshal View Post
    moar!
    Now that you mention it, there is more.

I'll have pictures up tomorrow hopefully, but as a teaser, I'll say these two things:

Bedliner
    theksmith

Well, its been a while folks. After some prodding and a whole slew of new stuffs, I've returned to you with a grand update.

Firstly, an updated picture:

As you may notice, I've got a nice new addition to the nose of my rig:

Scored this little gem for $40 on Craigslist.

I also raised the hood, in part of a 3 way attempt to lower engine temps:

And lastly for the exterior, a current picture of the bedliner I put on in August of last year.

Moving onto the interior, starting from the front:

Added a new blingy thing. Holds a pair of 2" gauges (still need to get a second gauge) as well as two switches.

Right now, all thats wired is the top switch, which controls my electric cooling fan, also part of that 3 way attempt to lower engine temps. The voltmeter is for my unfinished (read: infantile idea stage) dual battery setup.

Moving to the rear, which I know is what you all have been waiting for:

Please disregard the drawing pad, I'm an art student, and have no better place to put that.

Table out:

Pins I've put in to keep the table from sliding out and hitting the inside of the hatch (which was about to drive me insane) :

Just to give you an idea of how much it sticks out from the rear:

and lastly, and updated view of my sticker collection.

Last edited by alexfm; 03-31-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Relatively small update:

I converted the two Hella 500's on my bumper to HID the other day. I went with a 6000K color temperature. They work great, except for the small problem of one of the ballasts dying after 1 use. So I need to send in the bad ballast for a warranty replacement. But on the bright side, (no pun intended) the one working HID washes out both headlights without a problem. I used to think my headlights were really white, they're almost yellow compared to the HIDs.

Funny, I had that exact mountain goat on my jeep. You are now the 4th person I have seen with it. I believe It came with some adventure clothing I purchased, made by a swiss(?) company. We must all have thought the same thing when we first opened it- perfect for the Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by squint View Post
    Funny, I had that exact mountain goat on my jeep. You are now the 4th person I have seen with it. I believe It came with some adventure clothing I purchased, made by a swiss(?) company. We must all have thought the same thing when we first opened it- perfect for the Jeep.
    It's the logo for Backcountry.com.
    My 09 Tacoma build thread

"Cross the bridge to the country roads; I'll follow that star wherever it goes" Wandering Star -- Lucero

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567