Project Overlander-Build Thread

alexfm

Explorer
New picture:

Taken a couple days ago at the EP/LC ExPo Meet and Greet. :D Thanks to LexusAllTerrain for the great pictures.

1004484-L.jpg

You can now see how I mounted my lights, my lightbar, and my custom centercaps. :Wow1:

alexfm

Explorer
More updates and pictures and stuffs:

First off, the most recent picture I've got:
GEDC0262.jpg

*Note: I fixed the nasty mess of wires and zip ties on the light bar the day after I took this picture, now there are only 4 zip ties, and it looks much nicer.

Now, something I've been wanting since I started building my storage deck (not finished yet). Camp Lights, to light up the interior a bit more than usual, so I can cook and such. Picked up these cheap-o ricer "fog lights" at O'Reillys for like $25, and installed them as such:
GEDC0266.jpg

From my night time, driveway testing, they're pretty good for this, and even look good. :D And best of all, I got it all wired up right the very first time. :D Very proud of that, as I usually screw up wiring.

A daytime picture of one of the lights on:
GEDC0269.jpg

And lastly, a few little cosmetic things:
GEDC0271.jpg

And lastly, my favourite:
GEDC0264.jpg

:D

alexfm

Explorer
Well, its been a while folks. After some prodding and a whole slew of new stuffs, I've returned to you with a grand update. :D

Firstly, an updated picture:

GEDC0415.jpg

As you may notice, I've got a nice new addition to the nose of my rig:

GEDC0411.jpg

Scored this little gem for $40 on Craigslist. :sombrero:

GEDC0413.jpg

I also raised the hood, in part of a 3 way attempt to lower engine temps:

GEDC0407.jpg

And lastly for the exterior, a current picture of the bedliner I put on in August of last year.

GEDC0416.jpg

alexfm

Explorer
Moving onto the interior, starting from the front:

GEDC0419.jpg

Added a new blingy thing. :D Holds a pair of 2" gauges (still need to get a second gauge) as well as two switches.

GEDC0418.jpg

Right now, all thats wired is the top switch, which controls my electric cooling fan, also part of that 3 way attempt to lower engine temps. The voltmeter is for my unfinished (read: infantile idea stage) dual battery setup.

Moving to the rear, which I know is what you all have been waiting for:

GEDC0420.jpg

Please disregard the drawing pad, I'm an art student, and have no better place to put that.

Table out:

GEDC0422.jpg

Pins I've put in to keep the table from sliding out and hitting the inside of the hatch (which was about to drive me insane) :

GEDC0421.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how much it sticks out from the rear:

GEDC0423.jpg

and lastly, and updated view of my sticker collection. :D

GEDC0425.jpg

Last edited:

alexfm

Explorer
Relatively small update:

I converted the two Hella 500's on my bumper to HID the other day. I went with a 6000K color temperature. They work great, except for the small problem of one of the ballasts dying after 1 use. :smilies27 So I need to send in the bad ballast for a warranty replacement. But on the bright side, (no pun intended) the one working HID washes out both headlights without a problem. :D I used to think my headlights were really white, they're almost yellow compared to the HIDs.

squint

Adventurer
Funny, I had that exact mountain goat on my jeep. You are now the 4th person I have seen with it. I believe It came with some adventure clothing I purchased, made by a swiss(?) company. We must all have thought the same thing when we first opened it- perfect for the Jeep. :elkgrin:

deadbeat son

Explorer
Funny, I had that exact mountain goat on my jeep. You are now the 4th person I have seen with it. I believe It came with some adventure clothing I purchased, made by a swiss(?) company. We must all have thought the same thing when we first opened it- perfect for the Jeep. :elkgrin:

It's the logo for Backcountry.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles