Overland Journal Mountain Bike Team to Race 24 Hours of Pueblo.

Scott Brady

Founder
Overland Journal Mountain Bike Team to Race 24 Hours of Pueblo.

(Prescott, AZ, January 29, 2010) Overland Journal, the publication for environmentally responsible, worldwide vehicle-supported expedition and adventure travel, has assembled a mountain bike team for the upcoming 24 Hours of Pueblo.

Overland Journal’s team of five riders will race in the Epic Rides 2010 Kona 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo mountain bike race, Saturday, February 13, just north of Tucson, Arizona, near Oracle Junction in the Sonoran Desert.

This year will be the 11th running of the race, which has become one of the largest 24-hour events in the world. Held over Presidents Day weekend, the event will benefit the Copper Corridor Economic Development Coalition along with other charitable groups, and is expected to host over 3,000 people, including racers, support teams, volunteers, and spectators. Racers will ride continuously for 24 hours around a 16-mile course with an elevation gain of 1,200 feet.

Overland Journal’s team will include Nathan Kroeker, Katrina Loperman, Mike McMaude, Micki Mckay, and Steve Reynolds. In preparation for the race, team coordinator Nathan Kroeker stated, “Old Pueblo is a classic event and we’re excited about being part of a race with history and a cool community atmosphere. It will be our first Overland Journal mountain bike team event and we’re honored to represent the publication’s support for expedition bicycling and endurance touring.”

About Overland Journal
Started in 2007, Overland Journal is an archive-quality, journal-format publication dedicated to expedition travel and exploration in North America and around the world. Published five times per year with a circulation of 10,000 copies and an international audience, Overland Journal features 128 pages of expedition vehicles, travel stories, equipment reviews, conservation and industry news, and breathtaking photography. Overland Journal is setting new standards in adventure travel journalism.

howell_jd

Adventurer
Great to hear! Good luck to the whole team and please let us hear about their experiences - and maybe share a few gnarly photos (time - and energy - lapse!).

I remember reading about this race in one of my MTB mags a few years ago. The article was written by one of the solo riders. It included the photo progression and his efforts to overcome the weariness of such exertion.

I think you guys are tops to take this on!

Fantastic!

P.S. I'll post up an after-the-fact contribution to support your charity if that is possible - just let me know.

Jonathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles