Super siphon shower use??

Ok. I am going to order a super siphon for fuel tomorrow but I just had a new idea. If I put a siphon in a water can and prime it with a shower nozzle on the output....will i be able to turn the shower head on and off without losing the "water pressure" in the line causing me to re-prime it. If so this would be a great thing to have IMO for a shower setup beside my jeep.

frgtwn

Adventurer
Well, sorta

Assuming that your "valve" does not introduce a siphon wrecking bubble in the system, yes it will work.

However, you may not be happy with the "pressure." You will get water, but on a spray head. the result may best be described as a dribble. Likely you will be happier with just the flow from a single hose.

You might try turning your container upside down and letting the water flow out of a hose. Of course, if the container is inflexible, it will need an air vent.

Nothing beats good old water pressure for a shower. My guess- 40 lbs or better. YMMV

Dale

mrlocksmith

Adventurer
I don't see why it would not work. I'd use the 1/2 hose as the larger 5/8 hose will empty a 5 gallon can in a hurry.

After trying a Zodi Extreme shower and hauling around the tank for it I decided to use this 2L bottle method that I found on you-tube. It does the job and does not take up a lot of space and I can heat the water on the stove.

Note this is not my video. But I am bald so I don't need lots of water to wash the three hairs on my head :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmY4k6OBvUE

Mark

Last edited:

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Remember that the super-siphon outlet still has to be lower than the input, which means either your water supply better be pretty high, or you should be very short!

Scott Brady

Founder
I am impressed. I have never seen this idea mentioned, etc.

Try it with a black Scepter can and see if you can get the temps up with just solar heating. I imagine it would be easy to retrofit a nozzle to it.

Keep us informed!

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
A Zodi shower is 99 bucks at WallMart. I use a storage bin to hold the water that I would carry anyway. I keep propane for the stove and heater allready. I'm happy with it but that bottle trick is cool too. If it's not cold out then I replaced my sink faucet with standard one from a luandry room sink. They have threads for a garden hose on the snozzle. 10' garden hose extensions are available and with a garden hose nozzle I can get blasted clean.

Well i found an add for the "road-shower" which is basically a pvc pipe with a hose attached at the end. I may look into the hardware store and see what the cost is for this setup. I ordered my super siphon and i will try the setup with it first to see how it works before running gas through it. I find myself trying to come up with ideas like this due to trying a wrangler as an expedition vehicle.So stay tuned for more multi-use ideas for equipment in the future.

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader
Same idea but pressurized.

1288128692.jpg

-Sam

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I have been using this kind of system on my rig for a couple years now. Works great with a sink sprayer for the shower head. The Super Syphon will hold pressure overnight with no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke