Wildlife Photography

pwc

Explorer
That last shot is nice and probably the last thing a lot of small critters ever see.

I'm assuming the Northern Flicker was a Red Shafted by the range described. I actually came really close to figuring it out. I saw a Gila Flicker was really close in looks (because my books shows more of the Northerns with a distinct red mark on the head mine didn't seem to have) but obviously the wrong habitat.
Thanks again. you're now officially "that one bird guy on that one site you go to" according to my wife.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
pwc said:
That last shot is nice and probably the last thing a lot of small critters ever see.

I'm assuming the Northern Flicker was a Red Shafted by the range described. I actually came really close to figuring it out. I saw a Gila Flicker was really close in looks (because my books shows more of the Northerns with a distinct red mark on the head mine didn't seem to have) but obviously the wrong habitat.
Thanks again. you're now officially "that one bird guy on that one site you go to" according to my wife.

It is the red-shafted flicker variety. They do look a lot like the Gila WP. If you were in southern AZ, I would have looked a lot closer at the photo. I have some photos of northern flickers in the hand someplace, can't seem to find them now.

Nice Cooper's hawk Joel. :clapsmile

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Are the Flickers common in the midwest? When i used to work vineyards, we'd see a bird that looked alot like that during harvest time. They seemed to really enjoy eating the harvest. Would a woodpecker do something like that? The resemblance is uncanny.

\\'anderer

Adventurer
XXXpedition said:
that's a hunterspider from down under (about 7" long)
IMG_8809.JPG

and a flying fox
IMG_9342.JPG
Flying foxes are cool. My wife loves bats , she would have a pet flying fox if she could. That spider is creeping me out though.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
My Oldest (now 14) feeding my buddies Giraffe "Mr. Stilts". Have to scan the pictures of the Ring tails and Lemurs and Three toed sloths they had. His brother had a 6ft Monitor and a 14ft Albino Python I have some pictures of as well.

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
South Africa Spring 2007

So many memories tied into so few pixels.
All the photos were taken at Addo Elephant Park, Kudu, Locust, Elephant

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Utah07261.jpg

Utah07260.jpg

Utah07259.jpg

And all of those were just from last weekend!!
Talk about a good weekend!

Offroader5

Observer
Here are a couple of mine...although not as good as many in this thread :(

I have some others, but they were taken with the 'ol Rebel 35mm and I haven't scanned them to the comp.......did I say scanned? Holy cow, what's that? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles