Has anyone ever heard of this company??

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
This company is called 3W truck and equipment. They make truck beds ranging from flat beds, to hauler beds, to camper beds. :smiley_drive:

Imagine:

This
2009_F-55020Chassis_1.jpg

+

this
CAMPER-BED-JULY-2007-012.jpg

+ some other odds and ends

=

this,
builttiger.jpg

Any thoughts?

http://www.3wtruckandequipment.com/specialty_truck_beds_13.htm

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
Smooth-sided pop-up- interesting. I would be curious what the framework is constructed from

Same here. I've only seen it online but the company's headquartered in escondido,CA which is only a few hours from me.

I'd like to stop by and see what sort of work they do.

They took a Dodge, Mated it with a Ford, and created a Chevy???

J/K :)

Spence

Haha the evolution of truckhood..

No, I'd take the Cummins any day.

haven

Expedition Leader
Thanks for bringing 3W Truck and Equipment to our attention.

Incidentally, Provan, the Tiger motorhome folks, will build their
RV on any crew cab chassis for you. Provan just announced that
they will work with a Dodge 3500 Cummins crew cab chassis.
They previously announced that they will work with Ford and
Chevy crew cabs.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Friend's truck.

The top picture of the Dodge is my buddy's truck. 3w did a nice job for him but the Phoenix camper has been a disappointment. He's spent considerable buckeroos trying to bring it up to his standards. This picture was taken before he brought it to Carli Suspension for their King 2.5 Performance suspension upgrade. He's also fabricated an aluminum front bumper which houses an aluminum floor jack. This truck has survived numerous runs along the Pacific Baja coastline between Punta Rosarito and Punta Canoas. Other upgrades include: Sirius radio,45 gallon aluminum water tank and solar assist.

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
3w did a nice job for him but the Phoenix camper has been a disappointment. He's spent considerable buckeroos trying to bring it up to his standards. This picture was taken before he brought it to Carli Suspension for their King 2.5 Performance suspension upgrade. He's also fabricated an aluminum front bumper which houses an aluminum floor jack.

Can you elaborate on some of the issues with the camper?

I've been seriously looking into one of these and would love to hear any feedback from someone who owns one.

Also, any current pictures of the dodge with the lift and bumper?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Can you elaborate on some of the issues with the camper?

I've been seriously looking into one of these and would love to hear any feedback from someone who owns one.

Also, any current pictures of the dodge with the lift and bumper?
Fit and finish is terrible. Roof leaks. No circuit breaker.Lift mechanism requires a strong back compared to Northstar's effortless Heco system. He went with Phoenix after the guy talked a mean talk but didn't deliver. Leaking gas lines. On and on. If you could pm me your e-mail address,I can send you some pics. I can't figure out how to post pics. I prefer the aluminum siding in any brand after seeing the fiberglass deteriorate around here. Personally,I'd bite the bullet and go with Alaskan. I've seen some fine Alaskan applications on flatbed/utility beds here.

brennanriddle1

Adventurer
Fit and finish is terrible. Roof leaks. No circuit breaker.Lift mechanism requires a strong back compared to Northstar's effortless Heco system. He went with Phoenix after the guy talked a mean talk but didn't deliver. Leaking gas lines. On and on. If you could pm me your e-mail address,I can send you some pics. I can't figure out how to post pics. I prefer the aluminum siding in any brand after seeing the fiberglass deteriorate around here. Personally,I'd bite the bullet and go with Alaskan. I've seen some fine Alaskan applications on flatbed/utility beds here.

Wow sounds like a this may not be for me.

Looks like a FWC or something along those lines would be best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior