Xterra Roll Over Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Adventurer
Sure... a little friendly vehicle brand rivalry never hurt anyone. Kind of like the way you tease your friends about sports teams. That king of light hearted thing you tease your best buddy about and neither of you get mad when you do it. Or when you are camping and you give the new guy a hard time because it's just what you do. Of course it's all in good fun.

Ok I will play. Jeeps roll over a lot. Sometimes people get seriously injured.

That was fun.

Silver dude

Xplorer
Last edited:

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
"Wonder if insurance companies will pay out for stuff like that?

short answer is no - as I understand it, it would be considered a "driving event" or "skills test", just like a race or high speed class on a track."

On returning to the road you find the nearest big ditch on a corner and gently roll it onto the same side again, take a few pictures and your good to go !:)

alexrex20

Explorer
somebody else can confirm, but that xterra that rolled at moab in the first 2 vids of the first post, was covered by insurance. it was a total loss (obviously) and with the insurance money, the guy bought a used rubicon in moab and drove it home.

alexrex20

Explorer
didn't think about that...

i probably confused the story. more likely, the guy just sold the Xterra as a parts truck(?) and used the money to buy a jeep? like i said, somebody else needs to confirm. lol

edit: goneMOAB is a week-long event so potentially, he could've rolled it on saturday, filed a claim and then received the check within a few days, with enough time to find something in town to purchase. when my brother totaled his xterra (how ironic!) he got his check within a week.

M

modelbuilder

The X-terra was my first choice of rig...but it proved to be too expensive...went with the Grand Cherokee because of the great/horrid resale value.

CA-RJ

Expo Approved™
A contributing factor to the Nissan's rollover was the IFS. He got the right front tire up on the ridge which caused the vehicle to shift all its weight to the driver's side. It was all done after that. A SFA might (note I said might) not have done that.

M

modelbuilder

I think the problem was that he was going way to fast and that's why he rolled.

He "gunned" it and didn't let off the gas till it was too late.

alexrex20

Explorer
are you talking about the first video in the first post? I don't see how the IFS was a factor or how a SFA would help.

Look at this jeep. The SFA didn't help him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8XYl5yz7RI

IFS doesn't flex as well, so when he got the tire on the ledge, it shifted all the weight over. a SFA would've flexed better and kept both tires on the ground, without leaning the body over as much.

quit getting so defensive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz