The wife's new bumper and winch

Nesnaitsirhc

Observer
After a long day of wrenching we were finally able to get the wife's new bumper and winch installed. We decided to go with the ARB because I was able to score a deal on one for my FJ and got them both at the same time for a song. Also, I tend to like the looks and functionality of the ARB's a little more than others. I decided to take a leap of faith on the winches and went with the Motoalliance Viper Recovery 9500. As far as I can tell they look to be chinese knock offs of warn, but they have a solid reputation with the ATV community. I got one for the Frontier and one for my FJ for around 720 shipped. Hard to beat when you consider how little time we will be winching.

weekend105.jpg

Over all I am pretty happy with the finished product. Though I am thinking I want to relocate the solenoid box. Julie absolutely loves it, and that makes all the work worth it to me. Next on the list is sliders and some form of lift.

mcm4090

Explorer
Very nice. How much did the front drop do to the weight?

I just started adding things to my wife's Frontier also.

Nesnaitsirhc

Observer
I was surprised...it was only about a 1/2 inch. That was the big reason I wanted to put the bumper on before the lift. To judge just how much the suspension would sag. She is leaning toward the OME lift right now.

Nesnaitsirhc

Observer
Looks great!!! I will be going with this bumper on my frontier (08) soon. Did you opt for no fog lights??

Thanks. Yeah, no fog lights for now, though the truck is wired for them. Just FYI you have to take a skill saw to plastic piece that resides between the OE bumper and the grill. I was not prepared for that. Either way it is a very straight forward and easy install. We took our time and ended up just over 6 hours.

I like it!

Thanks, she loves it. I received about 40 txt messages today telling me just how much she likes it. :) Daddy done good.

hattrik21

Adventurer
How much trimming did you have to do for that? I chopped my buper pretty good to fill in the gap on my X.

silentsamurai

Explorer
I dont see this bumper on their website. Is it in their catalog yet? What source did you buy this from? If you don't mind, may I ask how much? Or you could PM it to me.

Thanks for your time.

Adam

Nesnaitsirhc

Observer
I dont see this bumper on their website. Is it in their catalog yet? What source did you buy this from? If you don't mind, may I ask how much? Or you could PM it to me.

Thanks for your time.

Adam

Since no one I called actually knew about them, I took it upon myself to do a little digging. I found it on their website under vehicle application guide (PN 3438260). I got it from a non-forum supporting vendor that was closest to me. I would think any US ARB dealer should be able to get you one.
http://www.arbusa.com/uploads/PDF/accessorizeYourRig/nissanFrontier.pdf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94