NXRocks sliders and skids

mcm4090

Explorer
There is a fairly new company that has been making sliders and skids for the Gen2 Xterra based out of Colorado . I copied some of his posts from anther forum to show work.

After almost a year of owning the X, I decided to do something nice for “HER” ….
I started with the rock sliders, …. I’ve been looking at many manufacturers and more or less all do a good job. At least the guys being sponsors here in this forum – they excel.
However, I wanted to do something different and to get the best out of the best – because it is for MY X. I noticed that in all designs the sliders are “stopping” before the body ends - under the doors. There is ZERO protection for the lowest part of the fenders on either side.
I see easily when getting over a sharp rock can damage your vehicle – and I wanted to get it right. So I did. I also understand why no one will do it. Because is a PITA to do such a thing. But for my X – I did it J

I was also looking at the fact that the supporting plates are in most of the cases flat. This will not help your cause is you wish to put a Hi-Lift under a slider. The bolts will snap right on. You got to have some support “under” to have a good change to lift that baby. Again, I understand why many manufacturers are not doing it …. Because the plates are not leveled (the front is higher), and is not easy. Also you have to consider that you cannot let the sliders touch the body of the vehicle. They should attach to the frame only. But I did it for MY X J

After some tries, I got what I wanted. Cleaned them really well, sand them and applied two coats of self etching primer, two coats of premium bedliner (I love that stuff) and two coats of duplicolor Graphite wheel paint (to match my rims and roof rack – that’s another story), put some “no slide” tape on it and done
I got them attached with Zinc-Plated Type F Thread-Cutting screws and they are as strong as they can be.
I got rid of the back mud flaps and I cut the front one to protect from all the rocks coming from the front tires.

Again I’m not aiming at any vendor out there …. They deserve all the props since anyway there are only few of them (all the rest do the J’s and T’s)
If there is a demand – I might seek the vendor status – but that is to be determined. In the meantime – if you have questions, please ask.

DSCF4422.JPG

DSCF4424.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0061.JPG

mcm4090

Explorer
Here is his second deign on the sliders.

OK ... So here are the new Sliders that I will make for a while. Attachement wise - same as my previous sliders - requires ONE HOLE each side and they attached as seen on the side of the frame and UNDER the frame front and back (giving you the ability to lift the Xterra with no problem or without fear of snapping a bolt)
For the protection part - the supports are 2"x2" 3/16" and the step side is 2"x4" 3/16". The "extensions" are there - making these sliders the strongest sliders I've ever built and the only sliders that protects the lower fenders.
Not that the previous ones were weak - but the solid one piece construction obviously makes it stronger. I've got many requests from people that are missing the oem steps because the versatility that offers, also from people that have pets, or from people that simply have trouble getting into the Xterra witout the oem steps.

The combination that I came with gives you an elegant solution that is functional and yet gives you no fear of going offroad.

I will have these for sale on Monday November 30th at my online store www.nxrocks.com The price will be $360 plus shipping with some options available (like the rubber anti-slip)

DSC07845.JPG

DSC07846.JPG

DSC07851.JPG

DSC07855.JPG

DSC07859.JPG

I think the guy is making some awesome stuff and they recently stated they will start producing products for the Gen2 Frontier.

Creek

Adventurer
Good job posting this over here Mike. Remy's stuff is top notch and he's a great guy ta boot.

TNxterra

Observer
Yeah I agree, his skid plates look like they are going to be very tough and I bet they would do better than many other choices...

spencerswahoos

Observer
Good job posting this over here Mike. Remy's stuff is top notch and he's a great guy ta boot.

x2, couldn't have said it better. I just finished painting a full set of skids from him and will be bolting them up soon. I wish he would have been making his sliders when I bought my super squares. Not to knock AJ's work, my sliders are very hefty and great quality, but I like the fact that Remy's design covers more area and the mounting is better.

mcm4090

Explorer
I personally prefer the looks of the Split Sliders but the wife wants to get the solid sliders for her Frontier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94