4.6 GEMS into 1985 90 HELP PLEASE

GREENI

Adventurer
Hi guys, I'm hoping that reaching out across the pond may solve an issue I've got.

The 90:

Originally a 4 cyl petrol which had a 3.5 efi flapper engine swap in.

Now I've put in a new, turn key, 4.6 P38 fronted Gems engine, I had lots of trouble getting it running, but it turned out to be an issue with the ECU, partially locked up, but now solved and starts just fine.

Now the issue I have is it will start, but when the key is turned off it doesn't switch off.
I have to pull a relay out to get it to stop, not ideal.

So briefly that's it, I'll be happy to answer more tech questions, but I'm hoping that it may be something that rings familiar with somebody, please!

A pic or two...

image.jpg

image.jpg

The Rover Shop

Explorer
There 2 wires that run the main relay, ones supposed to be constant power and the other is ignition on..I'd almost bet you either have the reversed or both constant....when switched off it should stop the main relay which supplies power to the injectors and switches the fuel pump relay on...I have a diagram around of it somewhere..

GREENI

Adventurer
Thanks chaps.
I found the issue, the ECU was still getting power from the alternator, so I installed a 39pence resistor in the wire and hey presto, fixed !

Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger

Members online