Drove the Jeep today

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Been about 6 months since it moved under it's own power.

I added a Rubicon Express LongArm front suspension which should make long interstate drives much more comfortable as compared to the short arm 4 link setup that it replaced. This setup hopefully will give me the best of both worlds, great road manners and awesome articulation offroad without having to compromise and lower the vehicle anymore.

While i was at it i rebuilt the front axle, new balljoints, hub bearings, brake rotors/calipers and front lines. Also replaced the rear calipers and lines.

Rebuilt my adjustable trackbar, installed new Tom Woods rear driveshaft, and a few other things.

I have yet to complete a brake booster and master cylinder/proportioning valve swap which is on the to do list. For better braking since adding rear discs.

I did find my Rancho RS9000 dials are frozen, need to see what's up with that yet. Rancho does have a lifetime warranty...but i hear it's tough to get them to follow up with it.

Hopefully i'll be installing a set of 99-04 Grand Cherokee Heated Leather seats before i paint the rig next spring.

Pics later, camera is currently full.

Jeep.......Just Empty Every Pocket :D

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
+ d said:
if you need it, this website might help you out with that heated seat install

Perfect! I owe you a beer when our paths cross. Thank You much..

JUST this morning a guy posted up a free set of WJ Heated Leather seats on another board that he specified must be a pick up transaction in SC. Dad lives 2hr 10min away. :shakin:

Road Trip after the holidays!

+ d

Adventurer
ahh JU!?

there is some good info/stuff there every once and a while, but it can get tiresome wading through the crap (at least in the grand cherokee section).

good score!

+ d

Adventurer
just a tip...sounds like you are getting a whole sh-load of seats, on the Wj's the seat covers are interchangeable. if someone has cloth seats they can simply switch the covers to leather, or if they have a tear they can replace that particular panel fairly easily.

SO there is a decent market for the covers on ebay, you could sell off what you don't need and make a bit of cash...which you can then sink back into the jeep of course!

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Yep...JU. Yep... a whole sh-load :p

One of the rear seats frame is wasted from a wreck. It'd be nice if i can adapt a rear seat or it's cover onto my XJ. I'll look into that.

The two nicer front seats will be swapped in. My wife's little brother needs a seat base for his 01 Laredo, so he'll get that. And i think i'll throw the extra leather covers in storage just in case i rip one etc.

These seats are Agate...thats like a Charcoal Black? I'v been watching e-bay for Tan seats and have gone to $450, only to be outbid.

Thanks again for all the info! :beer:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Update: Those seats i picked up in SC are well....questionable.

Two complete sets. One set has a hard spot where the leather was exposed to the weather and in my opinion...unusable.

The other set...has a small tear on drivers seat bottom. I think i can mix and match to get a decent set for the front. But i'm real glad i didnt put anything out of pocket for these. I would have been dissapointed.

Anyone need Agate leather covers that will be left over can have them.

I hope to swap them in next weekend since the forecast is for the low 70's.

And still watching ebay for a set in Tan. Once i find them i'll be able to just swap the covers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior