Death valley last weekend

DNTL740

Adventurer
Hello all, just got back from Death valley last night. My brother and his xterra offroad, my cousin and his fx4, and myself with my Disco and my newly built trailer had a great time, nothing to exciting, but the vistas were absolutely beautiful.

We came in through furnace creek and headed to Titus canyon, which was closed. We then headed back towards Ubehebe crater which we knew was closed, so no surprise there, and down to the racetrack which is a place I had always wanted to visit. We then went down Lippencot road, which was really nice, my cousin was really worried because he didn't think his full size turck would fit, but there was only one tight spot. We camped down at the bottom of Lippencott road, the views from there were amazing.

We then headed up saline valley stopped at a few paces along the road, up to warm springs, were we saw that beautiful 4 axle expedition vehicle, and up to steel pass, and then back home through lone pine.

Great weekend, cant wait to go back.

http://picasaweb.google.com/DNTL911/DeathValley#

Cristian

pismo62

Adventurer
Looks like a great trip. We were there in feb. and had a wonderful trip. I haven't gone through Steel pass as of yet, and would like to make it through there. I was wondering how Lippencot was after the rain, but it didn't look too bad. We love going out there. Great Picts.

DNTL740

Adventurer
First time in Death valley and I can tell you I wont be my last. My wife and little girl had a wonderful time. All the roads were great, lippencott after the rains was great, I expected more washouts, but all was good.

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Im heading there the first week or so of April, hoping Titus will be open by then. Great pics thanks for the post.
:wings:

Saline

Adventurer
Nice photos! The only time I have seen a bigger rig than that MAN in Saline Valley was the lowboy that they brought the crappers in on. Wow!

Albin

Adventurer
When you went through Steel Pass and Decendre Canyon (sp), did you see the blue marble bathtub?

Thanks,

Al

Fireman78

Expedition Leader
Thinking about doing this in september/october ish. Once it's on my radar I can usually make it happen. Anybody have any warnings/info about that particular time of year?

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Whom ever owns that MAN spends a lot of time out there. I crossed paths with them 3 years ago coming down Death Valley Rd. nearly to Big Pine, and their tracks were at the Eureka Dune camp area. No sign that they came over Steele Pass though. I recall at least one other siting posted here since then.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Thinking about doing this in september/october ish. Once it's on my radar I can usually make it happen. Anybody have any warnings/info about that particular time of year?

Be prepared for hot weather, it may still be warm at that time of year. In fact I'd count on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior