Pushing the limits on the tilt gauge

Jonathan Hanson

Supporting Sponsor
This is my nephew, Jake, pushing the limits on the Tacoma he essentially rebuilt from the ground up. He bought it totalled and fabricated an entire new frame from box section channel, shortened the wheelbase to 110 inches, installed a solid axle with a coil front end, and did numerous other modifications. You'll note you can see most of the underbody work in this shot, as well as Jake himself peering out the window. See his project at http://bimmerboys.com/tacominator/index2.htm

jaketilt.jpg

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
:Wow1: Dang!

So my question (given my recent funny conversation with Jonathan and Jake about the need for a "tilt-o-gauge," which they both have - Is this the point where you need it? Like to say, "Uh oh, I'm about to . . . whoa . . . whoa . . . TIP OVER!!!'

Or is just a girl thing, that I don't get it?

:D

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Nice looking rig. Yeah, anything over 34degrees gets me quite nervous. Especially with no front or rear swaybar.

jaco

Observer
Hi everyone, I'm Jake. Thanks for the comments. I guess it's good to know how far I can push it without going over, I still say exocage time. I tried that same obstacle later and walked up it as usual. Apparently the front suspension unloaded; some guys are running a trailer winch from the axle to the frame to compress the suspension in these situations. Sorry for the lack of introduction.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Hey Jake - welcome, and it's our fault we didn't get you a proper introduction!

We thought it was a great shot and wanted to share. Your face peering over the door is just priceless!

Hope you can be active in this forum, in between classes and trail runs.

Roseann

("Aunt Rosie") :rolleyes:

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Welcome Jake. I don't know, I think your uncle gave a really nice intro 4 sure. :cool: Have you ever thought about applying to run the Ultimate Adventure with that truck?

Scott Brady

Founder
Jake,

Welcome to the forum! You have an impressive vehicle, and even more impressive fabrication skills.

Hope to see you on the trail!

jaco

Observer
Thanks! Robert Canon of the infamous Frankentaco has become somewhat of a 'web wheeling' buddy- he strongly influenced the build up of my truck, which is where the resemblance comes from ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior