It's been a fun trip, but my commute and parking situation just changed drastically, and it is time to rethink my priorities a bit... It's absolutely killing me to do this, but I need every penny I can get and the Nissan is just a better option for me at this time in my life.
What you have here is a 1980 Jeep Cherokee Chief, which is basically a Grand Wagoneer without the back doors. This one has around 20k miles on an engine rebuild, and mechanically everything works as it should. As you can see from the list below, I have spent a lot of time and money making it into a truck that will get you into (and out of) just about any situation in comfort. I would hop in this truck today and drive it to Death Valley with absolutely no concerns, or just spend a day bombing through Hollister Hills...
Below is a partial list of modifications, but you really do need to experience this truck for yourself to understand just how capable and comfortable it is.
* 360CI AMC V8 bored out slightly during rebuild. Ford Motorcraft carb.
* MSD 6AL, Ford Motorsports cables, HEI upgrade - much smoother running and better performance than stock
* Upgraded wiring harness so the engine bay doesn't catch fire anymore!
* Optima Red Top battery
* Stock AMC20 rear and Dana 44 front axles, manual locking hubs - all work well. I put it in 4x4 once a week just to make sure the oil is flowing.
* 2" Body Lift, 4" spring lift
* Edelbrock IAS Shocks
* 33x12.5-15" mud terrains on steel rock crawlers
* Tad-Rack steel roof rack with army surplus storage box for recovery gear, hi-lift mount, shovel mount
* Custom front bumper with Firestik CB antenna and Hella driving lights (lights have not been wired yet)
* Front seats from a Porsche 911
* Nicer interior from a Wagoneer
* Rear window actually works, as does A/C blower, heater, windshield wipers
* Pioneer CD player with four very good speakers
* Sunpro tach - all factory gauges work too
I am looking for $3000 (ExPo price) for this amazing truck, but I am willing to discuss that to a certain extent. I may also be open to interesting trades.