Chili or HOT HOT HOT?

Conrad_Turbo

Observer
NMSU - New Mexico State University has a Chilli Pepper Insitute where you can buy the seeds from. I've got about 15 different pepper plants in different stages of growth right now, some grown for apperance, others for flavor and others for die hard heat.

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
I wonder if that is the same chili that is used to paint boat hulls. I've heard of a chili so hot that just a couple drops of oils extracted from its flesh added to a bucket of paint is used on ships to keep barnacles from growing there.

I've got some jalepinos that I'm going to give a try growing this year. I'm in NW Montana and supposedly they will grow and produce well here but we'll see. We get frost into May so I've still got probably another month and a half at least before I start the seeds indoors.

Conrad_Turbo

Observer
I've got some jalepinos that I'm going to give a try growing this year. I'm in NW Montana and supposedly they will grow and produce well here but we'll see. We get frost into May so I've still got probably another month and a half at least before I start the seeds indoors.

Jalapenos are in the Annum family so they grow fairly quick. I had some Jalapenos in the garden last year and I'm a ways North of you. The Chinense family (habaneros and Bhut Jolokia are in that family) of peppers are slow growing and have to get a good headstart indoors before being planted outside. I have begun germinating a ton of plants so I'll be ready for this year. I do have a grow light and a hydroponic setup in the house though, so that helps. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior