Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Coleman Grill and Stove

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Camp Chef All Terrain

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

barlowrs

Explorer
OK, time to upgrade from my little single burner. I do not have much cash though, so I am looking at "affordable options". I think I have narrowed it down to the following:

1. Coleman 2 Burner Propane ($60.00):

5d683540-c236-4423-879b-88ca5e19444f.jpg

2. Coleman Outdoor Grill and Stove ($89.00):

414N1C6STEL._AA400_.jpg

3. Camp Chef All Terrain ($149.00):

767675.jpg

The Camp Chef is a little rich for my blood, but if it is really a LOT better, then I could probably splurge for it.

One thing I think I like about option #2 is that there is a griddle I can add to it:

Coleman-Grill-Stove-Griddle-2.jpg

NM-Frontier

Explorer
I just got a Brunton two burner on sale at Big 5. I just got back from a week long trip and cooked on it every day. Cleaner and better then my old Colman.
81-100722-1.jpg

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Find a Coleman dual burner at garage sale, swap meet, CL or whatever...($10)

Take to do-it-yourself car wash and clean, if needed ($5)

Fix as necessary ($10)

Add propane conversion ($20)

Now you have gas/propane capability in a near bullet-proof stove.

barlowrs

Explorer
Find a Coleman dual burner at garage sale, swap meet, CL or whatever...($10)

Take to do-it-yourself car wash and clean, if needed ($5)

Fix as necessary ($10)

Add propane conversion ($20)

Now you have gas/propane capability in a near bullet-proof stove.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but as far as I can tell, the dual burner is already propane or do you mean the dual fuel stove (white fuel/regular gas) then add a propane conversion? I didnt know they had those, if they do, that might be a better way, then I can run off of any fuel I happen to have.

hoser

Explorer
Of the three, I vote Camp Chef All Terrain. I love grilling but a single burner stove kinda limits dinner plans. You might as well keep your single burner and get a better gas grill. The coleman burners aren't very powerful... and so that's why I'd choose the Camp Chef.

Cabrito

I come in Peace
I'm voting for the coleman grill/stove mostly because I really want one. I've seen it in action and it totally rocks. It might be a bit of a chore to clean though. You can use the grill with a pot to simmer or slow cook so it's almost like having two burners.
The price point is the problem for me. If I could just find one cheap on CL.
:sombrero:

refried

Adventurer
I'd go for the Camp Chef, I have the Weekender model and really like it, 2 30,000 btu burners make a big differance compaired to the 2 12,000 burners you get on most stoves. the only drawback of the Camp Chef stove is the size and weight, I think it weighs 33 lbs and will use quite a bit of propane when turned up high. We have a one burner griddle (big enough for two people) and will be picking up a grill box soon to make it more useful. I still have a cheap smaller stove that gets used a lot, but if I have the room I'm bringing the big stove.

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but as far as I can tell, the dual burner is already propane or do you mean the dual fuel stove (white fuel/regular gas) then add a propane conversion? I didnt know they had those, if they do, that might be a better way, then I can run off of any fuel I happen to have.

I meant buy an old, white gas stove and the propane conversion (replaces the tank and generator tube), fix the stove as needed (all the parts are available) and then you have a durable stove that will work with propane or white gas, well within your budget.

ddog45

Adventurer
stoves

I love camp chef products I have the stove that you posted and it works great I also have a single burner version that I use most of the time. A camp chef stove coupled with their grill box is a great combo. I have no fear of burning a twenty dollar steak when camping anymore. Watch craigslist for camp chef products. I got both of my stves used and at great prices. I paid 100 for my two burner and 40 for my single burner just to give you an idea on prices.
Camp chef also released some very nice small stoves this year.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I have been using the Coleman 2 burner propane stoves for years with little complaint. For your budget you can't go wrong with one. Also, you can get a griddle for the Coleman 2 burner stove. I dont find a need for a grill on my stove as they dont usually get hot enough and I have a grate that I put over the fire for grillin'. Just my $0.02.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne