"Earthroamer" back in business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just happy that those awesome machines are still being built.

X2

I'm particularly excited to see what the ".....designs for both larger and smaller sized expedition vehicle models already on the drawing boards." may entail. Something smaller then the XV-LT and larger then the XV-JP would be great.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I think it's great that they are back in business. I am sure it will be even better this time around!

Now can someone build a box for the Fuso too?

:)

howell_jd

Adventurer
Well it didn't take long for the muck-raking and name-calling to begin. I'll call out both recent posts for unprofessionalism, baseness, vitriol, and CHILDISHNESS. I think both posts should be deleted by their authors out of chagrin for such petty displays.

I own an EarthRoamer - or I hold the bag on a loan from my bank in any case. I work for almost everyone on this forum too by the way as my pay is directly from U.S. taxpayers. So don't go getting the idea that I'm some "nouveau riche." I make a choice how to spend my money and live my life just like most on the forum here. I could have spent the same amount to build (and I envy those of you who invest your time to do so - I feel that I have better applied my time in the journey with my family - that's my choice and your choice...no one of which is better in general - it's specific to you and me as individuals). I lost $80,000 I had been saving for the last 16 years while I was deployed in 2008 - my ability to buy an EarthRoamer after retiring from the military was at great risk...certainly delayed unless I opted to finance. So I understand a little about losing a bit of money. For some that may be small, others may think otherwise...for me it was a significant sum.

Lock hasps made by MasterLock, American Lock, and Kryptonite are very similar to the ones Joaquin Suave produced. The ones he produced which were reviewed in Overland Journal are far superior in form, if not function, but unless they are patented I'm unaware of anything stopping anyone from re-fabricating the design. If the design was and is still patented then there is a recourse through patent infringement, otherwise an argument of "knock off" is accurate but irrelevant. Nothing personal, I like the design but I've cut puck locks with my Gerber in Iraq, in practically no time too, though...and without damage to the item secured. Given enough motivation any mechanism can be defeated. As to not being ashamed to share with the world that you lost $560 well let me be the first to say, "I'm sorry friend." Let me present some perspective though. Character is often displayed by just what sorts of things get a person upset. Is your character worth $560? That's what you're sharing with me through your post. You really need that $560? I'll give it to you on the condition that you drop the continuous slander of Bill Swails, Earthroamer, and its employees henceforth and forevermore on this particular topic. I'd rather upgrade my on-board air, add an additional solar panel, take a family trip to the Arkansas mountains but I'd consider it money well spent in the service of a friend's reputation. Oh, and the entire community will know that you can be bought for $560 too.

As for base name calling by Aggie...my seven year old graduated from name calling at six. Time to grow up.

Way to go EarthRoamer (and every business - small, medium, or large - that is still out there making a go)!

Thanks for the opportunity to share. I'll stand with my friends. You stand with yours. I bet we find we're standing with the same folks in most situations too. I got mad at guys I worked with in Iraq from time to time...I hazard a guess that some of them might even hold a grudge about some of the risks we took. Bottom line on the arguments we had is this - we shot the bad guys dead together and never once pointed our guns at each other or maligned one another's integrity or questioned motivation and intent. We wanted to succeed - I suspect few plan to fail. It's nice to have backup even when the backup is not desired (like the humbling of bankruptcy protection).

Scott Brady

Founder
Again, these threads slip quickly into bile.

I am reminded of the story about the King who forgives the debts of his servant, yet the servant fails to forgive the debts of his. Has all class been lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94