HMMWV double beadlocks wheels on a Ford Superduty

Bella PSD

Explorer
I would love a set of aluminum Hutchinson's! Just need them in 8x170.:coffeedrink:

Off topic but is your Tire Carrier Spindle compatible with one I got a few years ago from rocklogic4x4? They are out of business now and never sent me a complete set of 2 tire carrier spindle. 1 and 1/2 just don't cut it!

Louie

bjowett

Adventurer
They show one in the current offerings. I'm a dealer for them, so if you have any interest let me know and I'll check into it..... might be time for me to set up vendor status around here. I have some for my Tundra, they are awesome, overbuilt, just cool.
wheel0569.gif

http://rockmonsterwheels.com/new568.htm

Last edited:

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Granted I am not a rock crawler but I been real happy with my Pro Comps.Never had a problem even down to 10psi.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Update!

I have 5 BFG Baja 37x12.x16.5 tires sitting here at the house just waiting to go on. I am getting the HMMWV wheels recentered. Should have them in 2 weeks.

Below is the tire I am going to run. It’s the tire from the up-armored HMMWV. Might run 24 bolt bedlock but probably just stay with 12 bolt.

BFGoodrich%20BAJA%20Military.JPG

Louie

lstzephyr

wanderer
Are those tires starting to show up used/surplus now or did you buy them new? I'm bouncing all over the place on research for h1 stuff. Eventually my ugly truck will have some too.

Can't wait to see it on your truck, should look good!

Bella PSD

Explorer
Yes, the 5 BFG Baja were mixed in with a load of the 37" Goodyear MT. I have been looking for some time now and just lucked into them. The problem was I needed a set of 5 and anyone with the Baja's will not bust up a set.

I think new they are about $500 a piece.

DT75FLH

Adventurer
Yes, the 5 BFG Baja were mixed in with a load of the 37" Goodyear MT. I have been looking for some time now and just lucked into them. The problem was I needed a set of 5 and anyone with the Baja's will not bust up a set.

I think new they are about $500 a piece.

you are VERY lucky. those tires have not been relased yet but they do pop up occasionally, due to some one not knowing at the drmo and putting them in with the other mtr's.

congrats

Gatordoc

Adventurer
I have 5 BFG Baja 37x12.x16.5 tires sitting here at the house just waiting to go on. I am getting the HMMWV wheels recentered. Should have them in 2 weeks.

Louie

Update? I am VERY interested in how this works out for you as I have been toying with trying a similar setup on my Dodge.

Thanks!

Metcalf

Expedition Leader
Gatordoc,

16.5s won't fit on the 03+ dodge trucks while keeping close to the factory 6.13" backspacing. The 16" rim size is too small and gets in the way of the TRE. You don't want to run shallow backspacing since it forces the tires to turn into the rear of the front fender.

It might be worth contacting Hutchinson directly. I was talking with the rep at easter jeep and he mentioned that they have a 17" 2-pc, inner beadlock, fordged aluminum rim ( for an H1) that would cross over to the dodge very well. I think they have a cast version of the rim too. The rim specs I saw had the rim at 17x 8.5 with 6.25" backspacing. That would be almost ideal for the 03+ dodge trucks....

sapper

Adventurer
I really like those tires. I have a set of the 20" combat wheels but they heavy. If I could get them recentered I would be very happy because the 20" wheel selection is much larger.

P6130295.jpg

Tires for my other project.

I am very interested to see how these work for you.

Bella PSD

Explorer
Gov specs say they are E rated but I have a set of BFG Baja right here in front of me and they say D rated. BUT the max load rating per tire is 3850!

deadbird

Observer
Wow, 3,850 pounds! That should do it. Looking forward to seeing your truck with the new wheels and camper painted to match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94