TJM -vs- ARB

erin

Explorer
I was curious what the real differences between the two types are? Is the ARB constructed better or does the inflated price come from popularity??

The reason I ask is that I like the TJM due to the lack of front grill guard.

Thanks for any input. :)

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Erin,
I have an ARB, not very familiar with the TJM but I have been fond of the Slimline bumpers made by Rovertym. http://www.rovertym.com/

Note these are made specifically for Land Rovers but perhaps the same or another company makes something similar for your vehicle.

What I like about them is the very narrow profile that gives you more front wheel exposure and better approach angle thatn the ARB or TJM.

May be worth a look?

bluerunner

Adventurer
Erin,

I have the TJM and a friend of mine has the ARB... if weight isnt an issue I would go with the ARB. Construction is alot stronger.

Try and decide what you want it for... do you want slimline for better approach angles or do you want something that sticks out further for better protection?

Goodluck! :ylsmoke:

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
While it appears more like a styling difference I have friends that'll argue differently. I know of one fellow who bent his TJM during a relatively normal winching. Nothing major and TJM actually sent a replacement part. I don't recall what it was but customer service was good.

I haven't been around TJM's at all but have an ARB and love the approach.

Here's an option, depending on your vehicle...www.shrockworks.com.

Made in Houston by Jim Shrake. He's building lots of stuff for Nissan's and a few others. American made! I've talked to guys and have seen his sliders. STOUT! Big time strong and well made. Decently priced as well.

Scott Brady

Founder
They are both great bumpers. The ARB will fare better in a light impact or animal strike are the wings are all one piece. Most TJM steels are a three piece unit and bend the panels if struck on the outers.

It probably comes down to looks at the end of the day.

Oh, and you can get the TJM as an aluminum bumper, which is really nice.
Copy%20of%20DSCF2793_JPG.jpg

riverguide

Adventurer
cosmetics of the two are huge. I love the looks of the tjm but i got an excellent deal on an arb...i'm super happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz