Trials bike

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I picked up a Montesa to play with on my local stomping grounds. At 160lbs this thing is a blast! Have you ever fooled with a trials bike?

monty1.jpg

monty2.jpg

monty4.jpg

monty3.jpg

RHINO

Expedition Leader
i want a trials bike,,, it would be perfect for those camping trips where riding a bunch of miles isnt the thing your doing, it would also be great to set up a course in my backyard and have all kinds of fun.

BorntoVenture

Adventurer
I love watching Trials bike videos but riding one....... not for me. I played around on one last year and ended up with a tweaked hammy and sprained ankle 20 minutes later. Somehow I let my right foot slip off the peg and then proceeded to run over my own leg while somehow still half on the bike..... lol.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
I picked up a Montesa to play with on my local stomping grounds. At 160lbs this thing is a blast! Have you ever fooled with a trials bike?
I had an '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex trials bike until last year's great storage crunch. Pretty lame as a real trials bike, but it had the unique advantage of being street legal. Really cramped riding position both sitting and standing, and not exactly powerful. Plus the gearing--first was good for about a bike length--wasn't really appropriate for street use.

But it was tough-to-impossible to beat for carrying on the back of the Sprinter. Under 200 pounds for a street-legal bike is tough to find, and it rode great on the Joe Hauler carrier.

JoeHaulerwithTLR200.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Thats funny I originally bought a Honda TL250 to put on the back of my white E350 4x4 van and upgraded to the Monty before I took delivery. The Honda rode great. Todays ride picts:
monty6.jpg

monty5.jpg

monty 7.jpg

monty8.jpg

monty9.jpg

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
Hey Kenny. April is turning into the Holy Grail of dirt bikes months for me. I got a 160 lbs trail flicker to play on, I'm ridding Ballerat Ca with the Rokon gang in two weeks then at the end of it I get to eat your KTM and XrBobs bike dust. What do you think of the trail pics? Thats the state land east of me but wait untill you see the Tonto Nat Forest. We will have so much riding that we may have to make the Jeep run a night run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior