Camper and Truck Photos

chadlanc

Adventurer
Perhaps this is what Tom Hanagan was referring to when he told me last summer to watch for something significant in the near future.

Very nice, IYAM.

click

just ordered mine with the fiberglass siding, can't wait!

MineSweep

Very interesting machine. The pole looks like it can be put into a vertical position. Ham radio guy? I want to know more about this monstrosity!
p.s.
I don't think it has enough horns! sarcasm

I actually saw this thing parked in the parking lot near the bowling alley on the Dry Side of Naval Base San Diego about a year ago. I drove around it in circles for about 10 min with a completely puzzled look on my face. I'll have to see if it's still around and get some more pics.

NothingClever

Explorer
"Calling Stan to the customer service counter, calling Stan to customer service."

OK, so what's the deal? I'm Annie Lennox....talk to me.

Weight difference from aluminum?

Is this a special fibreglass that's resistant to spidering?

What's the % cost increase for a fibreglass versus aluminum for a given model?

Any other insight to get between me and my wallet.

I'm glad my wife doesn't frequent forums.

You don't cross-post Forum questions to Facebook, do you?

calabasher

Tundra & 95 ? Jayco

This is prior to adding 10 plys and air bags. Hitch went from 14in to 8 1/2in with trailer. Rides much better now not much sway at all. Been reading and lurking for months really appreciate all the helpful info in this forum. Jayco had a leak or 2 afraid to look under skin yet just know there's rot there. But it's pretty clean inside and I am going to try it for a week at Daytona next month and see how it works out. Thanks again for all the ideas.

John

Attachments

• IMG_7862.JPG
    IMG_7862.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 211

micko

VDJ79 V8 Diesel Ute with a pop-up roof top taj.

Thought I might add my effort to the forum. Custom built for remote outback expeditions. Car has just gone 12 months old. Build was completed in May 2010 (if these things are ever considered "finished"). Rear pod is lift off. Front pod is permanent with all the essentials (batteries, power management, fridges and tools). Vehicle was cut in half and lengthened by 500mm at new.

Broke her in on a three month, 14,000km jaunt across some of the western desert regions of outback Oz. 1800 km "off track", and only 2,500km on the black top. Performed faultlessly. Love it.
:wings:

Cheers Mick

Attachments

• DSC03809.JPG
    DSC03809.JPG
    416.1 KB · Views: 834
  • DSC03810.JPG
    DSC03810.JPG
    449.2 KB · Views: 821

micko

The truck build - VDJ79 Landruiser Ute

Cheers David. I have written a fairly extensive blog on the build. The link is included below.

http://www.exploroz.com/Members/92954.75/10/2010/Creating_the_dream_off-roader.aspx?ky=&p=%2fMembers%2f92954.75%2fMyBlog.aspx

"Creating the dream off-roader". It's a fairly lengthy diatribe including most key areas of the build and the how’s and why for’s. Plenty of photos. I have also followed up with some personal product reviews on some of the products used in the build and just how they stood up to the rigours of true expedition travel. Recommend my engineer Marco and Allform industries to anyone.

You'll find the product reviews pretty close to the top of this index list.

http://www.exploroz.com/Members/92954.75/MyBlog.aspx?ky=&p=%2fMembers%2f92954.75%2fMyBlog.aspx

Cheers Mick

rockandroll

Adventurer
Palomino Bronco 800 with a Tundra

I'm wary of posting my budget setup following that Raptor! But here we go:

img6928a.jpg

img6942y.jpg

We have already camped 60 nights and put over 3.5k on the odometer. I've taken it to places wood-framed campers have nightmares about in their sleep. But, so far so good!

IMG_6633.jpg

bob91yj

Resident **************
I'm goig to hate on your rear bumper because the rest of the rig looks so cool!:sombrero:

Very nice rig, I'd never seen the XP camper before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior