Camper and Truck Photos

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Hey guys,

Here's my 2005 Silverado HD and 2015 FWC Grandby.

So far we're really enjoying the setup. Just the right size. Not too big to fit down tight trails or try to park, but plenty of living space for my wife and I.
It's our full-time home for the next few years.

View attachment 397533View attachment 397536View attachment 397537View attachment 397538

Outstanding combo bud! I'm a fan of a standard cab and would love one of those utility beds.
Are the shots of Baja?

winnieo

'Porpoising' solution?

I know I'm replying to an old email, but I thought I'd try. Under certain conditions, like cross winds or concrete roads with bumps every 3 seconds the rear box with the camper goes into an oscillating, rhythmic bounce. Really exaggerated at times. I've read a number of theories. Many people call it porpoising because the camper noses up then down in a bounce, like porpoise diving in and out of waves. The most plausible theories are that bouncy roads get too much air between the cab and cabover part of the camper. This hyper extends the springs, the camper and box spring hard back down, only to bounce back up, gulp more air and the rhythm gets going. Many people have air dams like your truck to try and improve mileage. I have yet to hear if a fairing like yours was installed to solve the camper bounce problem. If so, I'd love to hear what your story is.
Thanks!
Winnie

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Thanks. I also love the rclb. Just the right size, I don't have any kids or friends anyway..

We're really happy with the bed so far, it's been great to have all our tools and camping/recovery gear organized and stored outside our living space.

The two beach pics are Baja, the other two are from the Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve in Belize.

Bubblegoose1

@PNWINFERNOPRO

Motafinga

Adventurer
Gotta love the Ute bed I just took a look at your page it's awesome that you built your own! It is hard to find a factory one the right height as I can attest after building one out to fit my Alaskan. My lady and I tend to bring motos with us alot so the extra storage for all the associated gear is crucial!
We have 2 large dogs so we needed the extra cab though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.09.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.09.45 AM.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 203
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.08.30 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.08.30 AM.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 194

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Gotta love the Ute bed I just took a look at your page it's awesome that you built your own! It is hard to find a factory one the right height as I can attest after building one out to fit my Alaskan. My lady and I tend to bring motos with us alot so the extra storage for all the associated gear is crucial!
We have 2 large dogs so we needed the extra cab though.

Thanks, it was a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

I can't imagine going back to a standard bed for a truck I'd use for anything. The lockable integrated storage is just way too useful. Especially with a camper on board.

Your truck looks great. It looks like the bed and camper were made for each other. An Alaska on a 7.3 is a lifetime sorta rig. I'd imagine she'll last forever!

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
My friend's got a low profile utility bed with a Callen 1/2 cabover on his '05 Ram 3500 Cummins. Kore suspension. The truck's a quad cab longbed.
The beds sure are handy.

Billyboy

This is my former rig. 2001 F-250 and 1968 alaskan.
In an incident of cruel irony a deer took it out and wrote it off.
I just got a 2003 Sierra 2500 to replace it.

590.jpg
IMG_2457.jpg
IMG_1755.jpg
IMG_4814.jpg

Beamer pilot

Explorer
Well Billyboy, glad to see you show up on Expedition Portal after all this time.
Nice pictures and nice camper I'm happy to see you put it to good use.

Picture 080.jpg
Picture 423.jpg
Do you remember where it came from????

Billyboy

Hey Guy! Darn right I do! It's a great camper. I'm so thankful for it. Been on many adventures.
I've still got it.

Last edited:

pawleyk

Running from Monday..
Sorry to hear about your Ford, I hope the Sierra is treating you well. It should be a great truck, but I'm biased..

remco

Observer
and here some photos of our Bronco....

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

DJI_0002.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

more photos here:
www.facebook.com/bronconamiestohotela