Anotheruse for latex/nitrile gloves

Wyowanderer

Explorer
When I'm cutting up meat while camping, I use the same nitrile gloves to keep the meat off my hands that I use for wrenching on the truck. that way, I don't need to use as much water to wash my hands when I'm done. They're especially nice for shaping burger meat.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
When I'm cutting up meat while camping, I use the same nitrile gloves to keep the meat off my hands that I use for wrenching on the truck.

I hope you use them in that order, and don't use a pair for wrenching THEN for burgers. Makes the burgers taste funny.

HarryT

Adventurer
If you make the burgers without gloves after working on you vehicle, your hands will be very clean. The more fat content of the ground meat the cleaner your hands. Making biscuits also is a good hand cleaner.

PS: Cooking without gloves makes your hands smell better after a trip to the latrine.

Wyowanderer

Explorer
Gloves

I see that Mr. Literal and his sidekick Mr. Specific have chimed in.
Thanks fellas. I got a chuckle out of that.

rusty_tlc

Explorer
Good Tip

I marinate/season my steaks ahead of time in a ziplock bag so they are ready for the grill.

I like dry rubs on meat, in the past I have done the dry rub then frozen the steaks and vacuum sealed them. When they thaw they self marinate.

One of the best results I had was using Masaman Curry paste on a Tri tip. :drool:

tatersalad

I like to use them for cleaning jalapenos, etc. Can't seem to remember not to touch my eyes until about .1 seconds too late :Wow1:, but I can remember to take the gloves off first if I wear them...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke