Earthroamers XV-LT on ebay

howell_jd

Adventurer
Wow! That's the DEAL of the century! Congrats to the new owner. Best of luck to the seller - hope your new "wings" are fun!

haven

Expedition Leader
Hard to believe that no ExPo member spotted the auction while it was
under way. Congratulations to the new owner!

elysium

Observer
Hard to believe that no ExPo member spotted the auction while it was
under way. Congratulations to the new owner!

I think it was relisted so many times at the same price, that people probably just lost track (at least I did). 90k is still a tidy sum, but much better than the $129.5k it kept getting listed at.

Yes, congrats to the new owner!

dzzz

Used prices seem down. I expected used prices to be up. It's spring and the economy is improving.
Dumb to try and sell an ER on Craigslist.

Alpinecaver

Used prices seem down. I expected used prices to be up. It's spring and the economy is improving.
Dumb to try and sell an ER on Craigslist.

The down turn economy is still being felt in the mountain west and banks are still closing down. House sells in Summit county, CO are up 300% and prices 3/4 -1/2 of there value. People are starting to get back on there feet, but it was a heavy blow. The company that I worked for laid everyone off and closed its doors, two weeks ago.

The guy that sold his ER for 90,000 seemed like he just needed the money. The two ER trucks on the ER site sold for a decent price. People putting ERs on Craiglist & Ebay just doesn't make sense to me mainly because most of the people surfing the sites are looking for a deal.

zigsrig

Adventurer
A lot of these people may have the money and desire to explore, however, they may not have come up in the age of internet forums. I know my parents have no idea about this.

Many may not know where to sell...

Either way, that was a great buy for someone!

he-hoo

Hey all, I'm a new member here. I visited the ER shops a few weeks ago, and the 90k truck on Ebay was a farse apparently. The owner had it at the shop getting work done. Someone threw in a bid of 90, and never had any intentions of buying it. He still owns it, and after the work is done it is supposed to be offered for sale.

On another note, I saw the #70 that is on their website right now...great truck. We had a good time at the plant, and they spent a lot of time explaining everything. Anyone who is interested in an ER should visit, it is worth the time.

George.

howell_jd

Adventurer
Well I am glad to hear that. The consignment sales at ER seem to have been very effective and I suspect help to drive interest in ExPo adventure as well as ER.

Jonathan

dzzz

Hey all, I'm a new member here. I visited the ER shops a few weeks ago, and the 90k truck on Ebay was a farse apparently. The owner had it at the shop getting work done. Someone threw in a bid of 90, and never had any intentions of buying it. He still owns it, and after the work is done it is supposed to be offered for sale.

Sounds like both the seller and potential buyer are confused. The seller listed it, but didn't understand a reserve price? I don't know why the buyer wouldn't insist on the price and just flip it.

he-hoo

Hi All, Just got an Email from the owner, and this is unit #9. It was a BS bid on Ebay, the truck is going to be a consignment sale directly from ER pretty soon. No word on price just yet.

George.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior