Man Kat

egn

Adventurer
This is a very nice conversion!

Regarding changing the wheel:
It is possible by one person on a regular road. There are instructions and special tools to place the wheel including tire onto the hub. You just have to be very careful to avoid the wheel tipping over.

But the newest trick is to let the wheel be fixed and just remove the tire. This can be done if the wheels are converted to tubeless and because of the special wheels called "Sprengringfelge". I don't know the english word for it.

If someone has contact to Kurt he may inform him that most of the german KAT owners are found at http://www.lkw-allrad.de . There is also a forum with an international section.

egn

Adventurer
Last edited:
egn said:
This is a very nice conversion!

Regarding changing the wheel:
It is possible by one person on a regular road. There are instructions and special tools to place the wheel including tire onto the hub. You just have to be very careful to avoid the wheel tipping over.

But the newest trick is to let the wheel be fixed and just remove the tire. This can be done if the wheels are converted to tubeless and because of the special wheels called "Sprengringfelge". I don't know the english word for it.

QUOTE]

It's called a "split rim" or "3 piece rim". The 3 pieces being outer flange, main part of wheel, and spring steel retaining ring. Another vital piece being rubber O-ring.
On my U500 they are made by Lemmerz - in India!

Charlie

Tress

Adventurer
Conio that thing is Soo cool, what she get for mileage Though? looks like you would need a gas refilling truck to travel with, kinda like the giant planes that refill in the sky LOL! Either way im a fan, maybe someday when i hiot the lottery for the 10th time i can buy one, but i would much rather that than some monstrocity of a house.....

:bowdown:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles