Arctic Ocean Expedition: March-April, 2007

Scott Brady

Founder
It has been nearly four years since our adventure to the frigid north. We had a wonderful experience and cannot recommend this part of the world enough. I also have such great memories from this time, as we were not only driving to the Arctic Ocean, in winter, but we were also starting Overland Journal. Both were defining moments for me personally.

I thought some of you would enjoy reading the entire story, as published in the Winter 2007 issue of Overland Journal. Any questions or comments, post them up!

ARCTIC OCEAN EXPEDITION: A SOLO VEHICLE ADVENTURE TO LANDS END

cover.jpg

A few of my favorite images. Chris remains one of the finest overland photographers in the world.
Arctic_Ocean_Toyota_22.jpg

Arctic_Ocean_Toyota_26.jpg

We are actually driving ON the frozen Arctic Ocean here: Temps were -27

Arctic_Ocean_Toyota_5.jpg

Arctic_Ocean_Toyota_6.jpg

Arctic_Ocean_Toyota_17.jpg
(I actually took this one ;) )

skrillah

Adventurer
Thanks for the great documentation and read of your trip. Its a true inspiration but really makes me jealous!

I'm a recent subscriber to Overland Journal, ordered some back issues and fell in love, now I will be getting them for the next four years (thats the longest I could renew/subscribe! Haha.) Thanks for a great magazine!!

Cheers
Kyle

overlander

Expedition Leader
Scott,
I'm still waiting for the DVD to become available! I really want to do this trip some day...it inspired my webasto install. :victory:

BTW, what was the coldest temp hit over the entire trip daily low? I'm not finding alot on the net about arctic preparation for diesels. what do the locals with diesels do up there?

Scott Brady

Founder
-57F was our coldest temp. Diesels do seem to struggle up there.

For the DVD, unfortunately DVD sales are no longer viable. We have some other ideas for airing content that we will explore soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94