"Lois on the Loose" - Great website, global moto adventurer

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
Great site that DesertDouglas passed on to me - wonderfully told tales and great photos from Lois' travels from Anchorage to the tip of Argentina, and now she's about to finish London to Cape Town. Wow! A book is due out in March. Don't miss her "old flames" link (previous bikes) - she's a BSA nut, and had some lovely, if ill-suited, ones.

Lois on the Loose

DesertRose

Yeah, she's really cute! But clearly hasn't formed any attachments that would slow her down!

She's an inspiration - total guts. It would be a huge adventure for a man to ride where she has alone - but it takes extra to do it as a lone woman. Africa really does not welcome lone woman travelers in many places!

DesertRose

DesertRose said:
But clearly hasn't formed any attachments that would slow her down!

So, that brings up the question, What would us girls call a boyfriend or a husband that held us back from the adventure we love*? Might have to invent something here.

Governor? (as in speed arrester)

Flat tire? (ooh that's good)

Thrown rod? (nice allusion)

I crack me up.

Guess I better stop whilst ahead.

*for reference, search for lame usage of the word "handbrake" to refer to one's spouse or girlfriend . . .

Lost Canadian

Expedition Leader
Great link. As for the other comments I kinda have to agree.:eek: There is definitely something about an adventurous spirit such as Lois that I find attractive. Very inspiring that's for sure.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
DesertRose said:
So, that brings up the question, What would us girls call a boyfriend or a husband that held us back from the adventure we love*? Might have to invent something here.

I crack me up.

*for reference, search for lame usage of the word "handbrake" to refer to one's spouse or girlfriend . . .

Um, that would be "undeserving".

There are too many adventerous single guys out here who are looking for an adventerous gal, for those adventerous gals to be tied up with some "undeserving" guy.

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
I've read some of her work in Chris Scott's Adventure Motorcycle Handbook, and am looking forward to getting her book!

-H-

teotwaki

Excelsior!
DesertRose said:

I crack me up.

Take a twist on "Ball and Chain"; call such a man "The Ol' Ground Anchor" :safari-rig: ;) You know, large, heavy, inert and resisting forward movement! :sombrero:

d44ga.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne