Superu Phase II

Superu

Explorer
Keep the dark color only in upper latitudes though. I can only imagine the heat of that thing in a Phoenix summer.

I'm in New England, so temps aren't a huge concern. At least not like they would be in the Southwest.

Superu

Explorer
Update

How about an update Superu?

Sorry for the long delay in updating. Things have been very busy between work and moving house.

After tearing out half the carpet due to unforeseen soaking from a leaking evaporator box, I'll be doing some repairs and updates over the next few weeks.

1. Replace heater blower motor (bearings shot due to pushing water trapped in the box). Drones very loudly.
  2. Replace factory beige carpet with new black carpet.
  3. Install new-to-me Legacy GT black leather seats (full set front and rear) in place of my worn out cloth seats.

Springtime work will include a moderate window tint all around, new set of struts and possibly a double din sat/nav touchscreen unit to replace current Alpine head unit.

Tinker

Super, there is a line of flat clear coats, you could shoot the entire beasty in black with a matte top coat. Same look, better durability. Check out Bruce Wayne's car on NASIOC, his is in gray, but same effect.

I've always been a huge fan of the Superu, wish I could achieve the same kind of clearance with my WRX.

shortbusadventure

Adventurer
Before you bedline the car, you might consider checking out this car wrap vinyl. It looks to be protective, reasonable installation, and they come in a bunch of matte colors, including matte Carbon fibre, that actually looks like dry carbon, not carbon fobre. Best of all, its removable. I am going to get some of their stuff to protect my truck, car, and motorcycles.

http://www.stickercity.com/

Barry

Snorkel ...

G'day Superu,
I've admired your build for some time. You inspired my 1" Kingsprings + 1" Subtlesolutions lift.
Your snorkel looks great! Would appreciate details about brand and also any photos of fitting.
I will only get one shot at modifying the guard / fender with a hole saw :Wow1:, so would appreciate any pics / advice you might have.
(As it will be on the drivers side here in Aus, I'd also be interested in any photo showing its inoact on view from RHS front seat.)
Thanks, and will continue to follow your mods with interest.

Superu

Explorer
G'day Superu,
I've admired your build for some time. You inspired my 1" Kingsprings + 1" Subtlesolutions lift.
Your snorkel looks great! Would appreciate details about brand and also any photos of fitting.
I will only get one shot at modifying the guard / fender with a hole saw :Wow1:, so would appreciate any pics / advice you might have.
(As it will be on the drivers side here in Aus, I'd also be interested in any photo showing its inoact on view from RHS front seat.)
Thanks, and will continue to follow your mods with interest.

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the kind words. The snorkel I used is a Safari Snorkel for a Toyota Prado 120 series. In order to properly fit, the stock airbox had to be removed and a connector fab'd with the MAF sensor in line.
IMG00206.jpg

Also needed to trim a bit from the inside of the fender as seen on the left in the pic above.

I'll try to get a shot this week from the RHS interior view. The snorkel follows the pillar very closely and does not impair vision much at all for me. May be a bit different for you with RHD.

P4235243.JPG

It is secured to the pillar with a section of stainless and 3 rivets.

Barry

Thanks for the photo of the engine bay and details of the snorkel.
Yes, the impact on vision from the RHS drivers position is something that I think could potentially be a problem.
There are a few Forester owners with snorkels in my area, so I'll have a close look at them, but will be interested to see a photo of yours.

Superu

Explorer
New carpet's installed!

The new black carpet is in! I'm very pleased with the contrast between the black carpet and tan doors and trim.

Will hopefully be picking up the Legacy GT black leather seats next week.

carpet.jpg

Barry,

Will snap a pic from the RHS today and post it up later on. Sorry for the delay.

Superu

Explorer
Thanks for the photo of the engine bay and details of the snorkel.
Yes, the impact on vision from the RHS drivers position is something that I think could potentially be a problem.
There are a few Forester owners with snorkels in my area, so I'll have a close look at them, but will be interested to see a photo of yours.

rhs2.jpg

Superu

Explorer
First seat in.

IMG00040-20110222-0701.jpg

Back seat is partially in and passenger seat should be installed in a day or two.

Maybe I should go with a Black and Tan theme on the outside too! :ylsmoke:
Murphys%20Stout%204pk%20Cans%20WEB.jpg
Guinness-main_Full.jpg
All-IrishBlackAndTan_L.jpg

I do seem to be inexplicably drawn to those colors! :beer:

Bikemobile

Adventurer
Good to see you on another forum superu. I sold my outback in october and got a truck with a camper shell for multi day camping trips and hauling the dogs around. I do miss that outback sometimes.

uberhahn

Observer
Flat black paint will be very warm. There is much more surface area with flat black, than with gloss black. I say don't go flat black, but its not my car :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior