replacement Wildernest spring

Mtn Gypsy

Howdy oh procurer of Wildernest Springs. I'd like to get a couple for my smaller (60" X 76") Wildernest. Have you found that the springs are consistent from 'Nest' to 'Nest'?

Happy Trails.... Mtn Gypsy :)

Mtn Gypsy

I’m in need of both front and back springs. I have the smaller Wildernest that fits on a Tacoma, the back spring was never there, and the front one just snapped last week. I know the front is different from the back, I’m definitely interested in getting either one if you’re planning to order a few of either. Please email me laurenebaldwin@yahoo.com

Hi, I was referred to you by Sambo. I would like to get a rear spring too. apparently you need 3 of 4 people to buy in bulk, so I'm in when you're ready....

Cheers!

gwittman

Adventurer
My original springs are still good. I got in on the group buy with Sam to have a spare incase the front one failed. I would go in on a group buy for the rear if someone takes on the task but I have no plans right now to start a group buy.

I was not aware these springs have a tendency to fail until I recently started reading about it. Mine are pretty old (built 1989) and get used a lot. Maybe living in the dry climate of SoCal has something to do with mine surviving.

Gary

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I don't know if I would call it a tendency other than they're 20 years old and any spring that's compressed and relaxed will eventually fatigue. It probably helps if you keep the spring and the tube clean and rust-free (the SoCal advantage) so it doesn't bind. But I suspect they'll all eventually fail.

AMattesRitz

I would also buy a spare rear spring if anyone has one, it’s only a matter of time before I need it.46863BD2-4437-4B8D-91EF-21E574798B9A.jpeg

Last edited:

sambo.cox

If there is enough interest I could get some rear springs made up. So far it looks like AMattesRitz, Meyeres1, MtnGypsy and Olasbella all were looking for rears.
Let me know.
- Sam

dc27

Are these still available? I need a front spring (finally gave out on me earlier today), but would be interested in a rear as well. Thanks!

sambo.cox

Are these still available? I need a front spring (finally gave out on me earlier today), but would be interested in a rear as well. Thanks!
Hey dc27,
I do have a front spring available, and rears are in production as we speak. (should be done near end of January) Probably would make most sense shipping-wise to wait until the rear is finished and ship both to you at the same time.
I'll post here when the are done and we can arrange payment and shipping.
If you dont want to wait for rear, DM me and we can arrange now.
- Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles