replacement Wildernest spring

dc27

Hey dc27,
I do have a front spring available, and rears are in production as we speak. (should be done near end of January) Probably would make most sense shipping-wise to wait until the rear is finished and ship both to you at the same time.
I'll post here when the are done and we can arrange payment and shipping.
If you dont want to wait for rear, DM me and we can arrange now.
- Sam

Thanks Sam! I'm currently in the process of restoring my Wildernest.. it won't be seeing much use until the warmer months, so I'm in no hurry. Just let me know when the rears are finished, I'll go ahead and do both.

Edit: after going back through earlier posts, I just want to clarify.. both of my springs are the short variety. I'm assuming dimensions are pretty universal between campers? They look to be mirror images of each other.

Front:
15471000432544340665939401432962.jpg
Rear:
20190109_235156.jpg

Last edited:

sambo.cox

WOOOO!! I've got the rear springs! They look great.

So here's what I'm thinking:
I've lost track of those who need springs. I had said $100/spring and $17 for shipping, add in another $3 and I'll drill the holes. (It'll take a couple bits for all of them) = $120 total

So if you want a spring you can pay my through Venmo, Paypal or go old school and mail me a check.
Private message me and we'll make arrangements and exchange info.
- Sam

lightnfast

It appears I've stumbled on this a tiny bit late, but wanted to see if anyone still has a front spring or pair of springs for a 6' WilderNest I recently purchased for my 01 Taco? Any info greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sambo.cox

Hey lightnfast, I've got rear springs, no front springs. Cost is $120 - hole drilled and shipped.
Let me know what you think.
- Sam

lightnfast

I'll probably end up taking that just to have a spare, is the shop you set this up with still capable of producing more? Thanks.

sambo.cox

I'll probably end up taking that just to have a spare, is the shop you set this up with still capable of producing more? Thanks.
The shop could make more, but the tooling set up cost is outrageous to justify one spring. You'll have to get several people together to get the cost down. I think we had to get at least 4 people commit to a spring at $100 each, to make it worth it.

lightnfast

Yeah, tooling, never cheap. Ok well turns out my rear spring is broken too I just hadn't noticed, and one out of two is better than none out of two, so I'll take that from you and perhaps opening/closing will be slightly easier when I'm solo.

sambo.cox

Yeah, tooling, never cheap. Ok well turns out my rear spring is broken too I just hadn't noticed, and one out of two is better than none out of two, so I'll take that from you and perhaps opening/closing will be slightly easier when I'm solo.
Sent you a private message with my info.

lightnfast

Let's go front spring group buy! Who else needs one?! Rear spring arrived, looks great but it'll wait to go in right before I install the new tent. Any of you guys know what part number the bulb seal is other than the Uni-Grip PTL-124? Or where I can purchase the Uni-Grip stuff? I live in the four corners area far far from box stores, so anything that helps avoid returning stuff in the mail is super appreciated.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Box stores won't be of much use anyway. I used to buy Uni-grip from an auto upholstery supplier on south Broadway in Denver near the old Gates factory. It's been 10 years since we lived down there so I doubt its still there and I haven't tried yet here in GJ. But I'm thinking about marine or RV repair businesses, pickup outfitters, auto body repair suppliers. I just need to get around to calling Uni-Grip to ask.

The Sklar

Put me down for the front and rear spring group buy! I picked up a wildernest in Denver that's in need of a full overhaul including fiber glass repair, rear door replacement, and tent or at least some patches. I'm starting in July after the Pikes Peak Hill climb is over (I'm working on a car in it). If you guys have any other source of parts or recommendations let me know!

Thanks and glad to see other folks in Denver keeping these things alive

sambo.cox

Put me down for the front and rear spring group buy! I picked up a wildernest in Denver that's in need of a full overhaul including fiber glass repair, rear door replacement, and tent or at least some patches. I'm starting in July after the Pikes Peak Hill climb is over (I'm working on a car in it). If you guys have any other source of parts or recommendations let me know!

Thanks and glad to see other folks in Denver keeping these things alive
Hey Sklar,
Just sent you a message.

And looks like we've got enough to get another batch of front springs made up.

DD423

I just picked up a wildernest this past weekend with two broken springs, do you happen to have anymore?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles