What do ya'll think of this Frontier?

Life_in_4Lo

Explorer
I like it! clean, nicely styled and not too much plastic. The only thing I don't like is the tailgate with that huge piece of plastic trim, but no biggie.

The interior is very similar to the xterra and pathfinder so you should have no problems with mods and interior additions.

Good power and nissans have always been good trucks.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Some mid-'05 Xterras and Frontier had a tension pulley and belt incompatibily causing an annoying squeek. I also read about one transfer case that refused to come out of 4wd on a fresh-off-the-lot unit (also 05). You can see a list of service bulletins here for research. Mostly squeeks and rattles.

We have an '05, built late in the year, with no major problems other than the pulley/belt issue.

I'm surprised to see a used nismo KC with 27K on it go for $20,000. Not that they are worth less money, I'm just making a comment.

Good luck.

CLynn85

Explorer
The BN Guy said:
But then again that is a bit much $$. Check www.kbb.com for what blue book is.

kbb retail is almost $3000 more. I'm sure I could get them lower.

Going to ride out and take a look at it and a new one tomorrow if this weather clears up. :Mechanic:

VafrontierVa

one of my only complaints about the 2nd gen frontiers is the switch 4wd system. Im not a huge fan of jsut being able to push a button and be in 4wd, I like the ability to have a big stick to pull, and then hear the transfer case engage. but thats just me I guess, a personal preference :lol:

articulate

Expedition Leader
VafrontierVa said:
one of my only complaints about the 2nd gen frontiers is the switch 4wd system. Im not a huge fan of jsut being able to push a button and be in 4wd, I like the ability to have a big stick to pull, and then hear the transfer case engage. but thats just me I guess, a personal preference :lol:
Agreed. I've found that getting out of low range requires being at an absolute dead stop, and it's got to be warmed up. Even the slightest of a roll won't let it disengage.

CLynn85

Explorer
Well, went to look at it today. Took it for a test drive, really like how the truck feels. It did have a "cheaper" feel to the interior, but overall I liked it. To me you get more of a truck for the money than with the Tacoma, and the Tacoma feels like it's trying to hard to be a "big" truck. Had I been able to get a reasonable trade, I would've driven it home. Didn't really like the salesman all that much, and $4-5k on trade in just isn't happening. :(

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
It amazes me how quickly a salesperson can make or break a sale. I've been in some situations where once the guy opened his mouth I was reaching for my car keys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94