$6k dd/expo vehicle?

well, called the guy tonight and told him i was going to hold off fro right now. i liked the truck but after 2 days of discussion with my wife it just didn't feel like the right price for that truck. if he would take $4500 i would buy it but not at $5500. the search continues. thanks again.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I would hold off too. I bought an 89 1/2 ton the same as the one you are considering with barn doors, 4" lift and brand new 35" BFG ATs and rebuilt 700R4, for $900. I had to do the rockers and over the rear fenders, but I would take a day of welding over $4500 all day long!

I would look around on craigslist in Phoenix and the desert parts of Calif. You can get a primo truck for almost nothing and ship it, or have someone from expo drive it out for you. I am sure there are more than a few of us that would do that for the plane ticket home. It is a chance to go somewhere new!

lstzephyr

wanderer
Speaking of which, I am going to be going across the country in about a week or so. I am planning on driving my truck(3/4 ton dodge cummins) but I don't have a problem driving(get me a plane ticket to al) or towing(as long as you pay for the extra cost!) a different vehicle. I have plenty of space in the truck if anyone else needs some parts repositioned as well.

I'll be leaving from tucson, az and going to huntsville al. If you pay any extra I don't mind going almost anywhere to anywhere. I tend to just sleep in my truck so fuel would be the only issue.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Speaking of which, I am going to be going across the country in about a week or so. I am planning on driving my truck(3/4 ton dodge cummins) but I don't have a problem driving(get me a plane ticket to al) or towing(as long as you pay for the extra cost!) a different vehicle. I have plenty of space in the truck if anyone else needs some parts repositioned as well.

I'll be leaving from tucson, az and going to huntsville al. If you pay any extra I don't mind going almost anywhere to anywhere. I tend to just sleep in my truck so fuel would be the only issue.

Funny... You were one of the people I was thinkng of when I said there were people who might do some driving for the adventure of it... I would too but I am way to far north for this one!:sombrero:

well, the search is over. i know i was looking for an obs sub but found a good deal on a tahoe on friday night. the best part being that my wife and both liked it. its a nbs 2000, 5.3 w/117k. i think that it willbe a good truck for the whole family. i bought it offf the 3rd owner and i know all 3 owners of the truck. it has been a soccer mom truck it's entire life. it's a little newer than i planned on, but when my wife and i got in it to drive it i could tell it was the one for us.

i would liek to do a sas down the road but i think that 10 bolts should be sufficient for now for dd/back roads duty. i know that there are some tahoe owners on here so if you guys are reading this, clean out your pm box and get ready!

thanks for all the help, everyone

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Congrats on the purchase! Are you going to lose a Toyota or just diversifying your stable?

i sold my trtruck. this the purchase of the tahoe. with the birth of my second daughter, we officially out grew our house. i needed the money that i was making on a truck payment to start savign for a house. my wife has been very patient with me on teh whole house situation. the tacomam wasn't big enough to live in if you know what i mean. guess i need to update my sig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles