Urban Escape Vehicles - Conqueror Australia

indiedog

Adventurer
Thought you guys might be interested to see these things. I spent the entire day yesterday looking at an awesome amount of trailers at the Brisbane Caravan and Camping Show and still didn't get to see everything. The Urban Escape Vehicles were pretty impressive. Basically Conqueror have set up an Aussie factory with new models and specs for the local market. If they perform anything like what they look then they'll get a good response for sure.

Enjoy :)

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I love the look of the Conqueror Trailers. Seeing the "in action" shots on the Australian site is that much better. The 490 and a nice diesel 110 are my "If I won the lottery" setup.

They were largely the inspiration for my trailer project, but what I haven't achieved yet is the detail work they have. The little features. And the speed holes... I especially like the suspensions. Trailing arm with coil springs.

compactcamping

Explorer
Yes Conqueror has been making nice trailers for a while, I like what they've done with Supra, now a UEV-360.

showthumb.php

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
I've been trying to get a better idea of how their trailers are set up but the pics on their website don't help much.

Anybody know where some more illustrative pics can be found?

We come from a land of bugs and rain - the al fresco kitchen wouldn't work too well for us!

Honu

lost on the mainland
pretty cool to see them expand ? wondering if they will ever branch out up this way that would be super cool

companion or UEV - 440 in OZ is my fav setup and would love to get here for sure
around $32,000 US though and to import might be out of budget for some time :)

interesting that some of the models like the comfort in South Africa uses a straight axle and the 390 in OZ is using independent

Last edited:

jsek29

Observer
Can anyone give me an idea of the shipping cost if we bought one in either SA or AUS and shipped it to the US? The Companion/440 is pretty sweet!

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
jsek29:

There are several factors that come into play here.
Conversion rates for the Rand against the dollar to begin with are all over the place so it would depend on which day you purchased the thing.
These trailers are not cheap. The Commander from Australia is now almost $60K. US
Then you have to get it imported (may not make it due to DOT compliance), registered and titled.

I got my Commander in the US because a couple that brought it in while traveling around the World traded it and their Land Rover Defender on a Unimog.

That made is somewhat less challenging.

Check out my trailer in my signature link below.
D

jsek29

Observer
Honu, Thanks, PM Sent.

Dendy, I have read the story of your trailer, and am impressed by your luck. My wife found these the other day on the internets, and after some serious discussion, we are going to look at trying to buy one, if the shipping costs aren't out of this world. A used Companion, in SA, is going for approx 17K. This seems expensive, but if we scrimp and save, it may be achievable, if shipping doesn't double the cost. We'll see, we aren't certain of anything yet, but are yet trying to discern shipping costs. The Rand is usually between 7 & 8 to the dollar, so not so bad.

The Australian trailers are WAY spendy though. Their prices will probably rule them out pretty quickly.

Thanks all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles